My kindergartener was sent home today from his first day of school. D:

Today is my kids first day of school for the year and all three boys jumped out of bed and were dressed within 10 minutes...raring to go. Get to the school and drop off our older two kids. We were waiting with our youngest and got out of his line and came over to me and just looked awful. I talked to him for a few minutes and he said his tummy hurt. Just as all the kids were going into the building, he barfed in the gravel. Poor kid. We talked to his teacher and she said we had to go to the nurse. I am sure it is just a nervous tummy, but since there was vomiting, he had to go home. He got in the car and ate all of his lunch. He is perfectly fine.

I feel so bad that he had to miss his first day though. Any other kids get sick the first day?

SleepingBeautee

Asked by SleepingBeautee at 10:48 AM on Jul. 22, 2013 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• wow, school starts early for y'all. :/ bless his little heart, he was probably nervous.
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 10:50 AM on Jul. 22, 2013

• Oh, poor baby. I once had to miss the entire first week of school because I was sick. I was older though. 8th grade. He'll be fine tomorrow. Good luck! You are starting the year already? Do you go year round?
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 10:51 AM on Jul. 22, 2013

• Our kids are in a charter school that only has 7 weeks off in the summer. They agree with the studies that show the retention rate is higher with a shorter break. We don't mind so much because they have a four day school week... which is VERY nice.
    SleepingBeautee

Comment by SleepingBeautee (original poster) at 10:52 AM on Jul. 22, 2013

• Poor kid
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 10:56 AM on Jul. 22, 2013

• If he starts having a nervous tummy tomorrow am, give him a tums. A harmless tummy pill should work wonders to help him past his nerves & into the door of his classroom. Maybe a little something from home to keep in his book-bag to help him out too. (like a family pic or fav. toy) GL
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 11:00 AM on Jul. 22, 2013

• Awww. Poor baby :(
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 11:00 AM on Jul. 22, 2013

• Hoping your little one makes it ok tomorrow. It may not be nerves but an upset tummy. Here at work we've had several people out sick in the last few weeks. They've all said the same thing...sick a couple of times and then fine.

And to Anon school does start at different times of the year depending on where, type, etc. Even our county schools around here are spread out over a 3 week time span.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 11:06 AM on Jul. 22, 2013

• Poor baby, just nervous about his first day. I hope he does better tomorrow.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 11:10 AM on Jul. 22, 2013

• What teacher works in July?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:14 AM on Jul. 22, 2013

• The ones who do either year round school or some other schedule. Not all schools run on the same schedule. I know a few others who started today as well.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 11:16 AM on Jul. 22, 2013