Turbo Tax users- check your email- you could be part of a class action suit

I just got an email today. Anyone who uses Turbo Tax & had their fees deducted from their return may be eligible to be a part of the law suit b/c they charge an additional fee for doing that. Even if it's just reimbursement of that fee- you could use it right? It might give me 1/2 tank of gas, but hey, better than nothing right?

mrsmom110

Asked by mrsmom110 at 11:28 AM on Jul. 22, 2013 in Money & Work

• good to know, I think I'll go check it now :) We used them 2 years in a row
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 11:33 AM on Jul. 22, 2013

• I got it a few days ago. I think you have to go online and fill out some forms. I haven't had time to look at it!
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 11:39 AM on Jul. 22, 2013

• I'll be checking my email

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 12:42 PM on Jul. 22, 2013

• This was an issue a few years back when we all got some kind of stimulus refund. If you used Turbo tax online to file, and opted to take the Turbo tax preparation fee OUT of your refund (ie not paying with a separate credit/debit card), your stimulus check was delayed. This partially prompted the suit.
    I believe I only did it that one year, and learned my lesson. I use the Home and business version, so I'm paying like $129.95 to use it. Hopefully I get some of that back!
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 12:45 PM on Jul. 22, 2013

• What fee? The cost of the program?
    I have used TurboTax for years and never paid a fee just the purchase price, I use the free fed filing and just mail my state so I don't pay for it.
    emptynstr

Answer by emptynstr at 12:18 PM on Jul. 22, 2013