• In the Spotlight:

Anyone else tend to gain the majority of their weight in the BEGINNING of pregnancy and then level off later?

With my first I was about to have a panic attack because I'd gained 15 pounds by the 20 week mark and everyone told me that was too much and that I'd end up gaining like 60 pounds overall at that rate! I kept hearing the whole 0-5 in the first trimester and then a pound a week after and it worried me.

Well, when I went in to give birth to my daughter at 39 weeks, I had only gained 25 pounds and I walked out of the hospital 15 pounds lighter from water weight.

This pregnancy seems to be going the same way. I'm 20 weeks and up 12-14 pounds (depending of the day lol) and my doctor (a new doctor) is freaking out. I however and not worried at all.

Anyone else tend to gain more in the beginning and still manage to maintain a decent weight gain overall?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:07 PM on Jul. 22, 2013 in Pregnancy

• I gained very gradually. Both pregnancies I gained about 25-26 lbs. each time. Then after I gave birth I weighed less than before I got pregnant. Unfortunately I gained it all back again :P LOL!

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 1:18 PM on Jul. 22, 2013

• No, but with my 1st I did manage an 8 lb gain around the 6th month, which was fine because I hadn't gained much up to that point (and my dh and I had just gotten back from a cruise). Overall I still ended up only gaining 22 lbs.

Answer by missanc at 2:12 PM on Jul. 22, 2013

• I was throwing up so much till about twenty weeks that I lost weight, but after that I had a gradual weight gain for the rest of the pregnancy.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 4:34 PM on Jul. 22, 2013

• Nope I gained it all the last trimester. Never gained more than 30 and with the last one only gained 15 overall.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:16 AM on Jul. 23, 2013