rib and back pain

im 32 weeks and 2 days and i have bad pains under my right rib and it moves to my back. I can feel my little boy moving and he is "low" as always so i know its not him but what can i do for the pain?

Tristansmom2013

Asked by Tristansmom2013 at 1:59 PM on Jul. 22, 2013 in Pregnancy

• Sorry hun, but until baby's born, there's not really a whole lot you can do :(
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 2:08 PM on Jul. 22, 2013

• There is not a lot you can do about it. I would discuss it with your doctor at you next visit and ask if there are some stretches or exercises to help ease the discomfort.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 2:57 PM on Jul. 22, 2013

• Is the pain constant or does it come and go and get worse when you eat?

Either way talk with your doctor.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 3:04 PM on Jul. 22, 2013

• Talk to doctor just in case its something not related to pregnancy. Like gallbladder or something
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 3:31 PM on Jul. 22, 2013

• Its been happening all day. Comes and last a few moments and then goes away and then happens again not even 5 minutes later. Ive had lower back/butt cramps too
    Tristansmom2013

Comment by Tristansmom2013 (original poster) at 3:41 PM on Jul. 22, 2013

• It could be gallstones. Many women have trouble with their gallbladders during pregnancy. I had mine out after my baby was born. Doctors can see gallstones with an ultrasound.

Also, I don't know if this will help, but it might be worth a try. I had pain on my right side because my baby was transverse instead of head down for most of the pregnancy, and the nurses told me to get on all fours so the weight of the baby wasn't pressing on my body, and then roc back and forth. I felt like a mama elephant doing it, but it did ease the discomfort for a while at atime.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 4:24 PM on Jul. 22, 2013