How far apart do you want your kids to be?

I have a 6 month old and I would love to give her a sibling. I think they should be 2 years apart. My little sister and I were 4 years apart and we had nothing in common. I know everyone is different but I would just like some input.

drs1206

Asked by drs1206 at 2:46 PM on Feb. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Whenever hubby give me the okay I want another. My son is 11 months and I don't want them to be anymore than 3 years apart. I'm hoping that in July we'll start TTC
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 2:47 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• I have an almost 3 month old, and dh and I are planning to try again asap... I don't want my children to be far apart at all. I think a year is enough... but I guess that comes from me being an only child. I've always wanted a big family!!!
    wishwish

Answer by wishwish at 2:49 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• I wanted my first 2 to be 2 years apart. They ended up being exactly 2 years and 2 weeks apart. I think we were cutting it close, but it's working for us. They are already close and my LO is only 6 months. I want my next one to be at least 4 years from my LO.
    Momma2beauties

Answer by Momma2beauties at 2:50 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• i have a 14 year old daughter and i am pregnant now the baby is due in aug 2 i wish i would have not waited so long
    brittanysmom87

Answer by brittanysmom87 at 2:51 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• I wanted them to be close in age.. If life where perfect Id be pregnant *RIGHT NOW* but Id like to lose weight before getting pregnant & also BIL is graduating college this year & we are all wanting to go to disney so ive been told my dh that i cant get pregnant until after our trip (lol)!! Sooo... maybe Ill be ready for baby #2 this time next yr.
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 3:08 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• My girls are 380 days apart and it's the best. Yes I change twice the diapers, make twice the bottles and clean up twice the mess but lets face it I was going to have to do it anyway might as well do it all at once. Plus the oldest is so helpful. She will find lost BiBis and hand off juice boxes. The other day her sister ran out of cheerios before her and the oldest gave her some of her own. Without me even asking. I love them being so close together and know it will just get better with age. And with them being girls if they have similar styles they can double their wardrobes! Hubby and I really wanted to get the baby part over with so the family interaction time would be sooner. Bike riding , camping, hiking, roller coasters, game night.

Twins the hard way! :-)
    Mommy2Bears

Answer by Mommy2Bears at 3:15 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• i want my kids close! my daughter is 7 months and my DH and I are now trying for another one. i do not want them more then two years apart, and I want 5 kids. i came from a small family so i want my kids to have a larger one. plus my brothers and i were all 20 months apart and we are super close and thats what i want for my kids
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 3:18 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• I'd like all my children to be close. I want a lot of kids and I don't want to spend my entire life having them, so I'd like to have them closer together rather than waiting 4 years in between each. We don't do birth control so we're taking them whenever they come. My LO is 5 months now.
    julipickle

Answer by julipickle at 3:20 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• I wanted them to be a little less than 3 years apart. They ended up being almost 3.5 years apart. I wish they were 4 years apart! There is no right space I think.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 3:25 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• you dont want them to far apart. I am the youngest of 4. my siblings were 15yrs,12yrs, an 7yrs apart. I barely got to know my sisters before they left home and my bro just a little more than them but not much. my oldest sister was gone to college when I was barely 3yrs old. so I still really dont know here much. not to mention my poor dad raised kids for 33 yrs (til I was 18 and graduated). It is very hard to raise kids as you get older my daddy tells me. i believe him.
    hypersquirrel

Answer by hypersquirrel at 3:31 PM on Feb. 18, 2009