Father or no father

My son is now 2 1/2 months. Baby daddy works throughout the week and is off the weekends. I allow him to stay with his mother but not him bcuz of the drinking and smoking weed he now does. He does not like that our son can't stay with him so he decides not to see him and at that barely buys things now. My family and I don't have the money to buy everything my son needs so I have to depend on his dad until CS comes in. Should I demand thins for our son or just find my way own way to get things.

proudmami23

Asked by proudmami23 at 4:11 PM on Jul. 22, 2013 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You have a written order for child support? Beyond that anything he gives you is a bonus, unless you have it spelled out in the CS agreement otherwise, I would suggest going to WIC, and social services.
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 4:48 PM on Jul. 22, 2013

• PS- if the child support order has not taken effect yet, they will make him pay back child support as well.
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 4:49 PM on Jul. 22, 2013

• I'm waiting for the child support to come in and I do have wic. Its the clothes and other stuff I'm needing for my son
    proudmami23

Comment by proudmami23 (original poster) at 5:09 PM on Jul. 22, 2013

• Try local churches. Many of them have closets where you can get clothes for yourself and your son. Thrift stores are also great because many of the baby clothes are nearly new and can be gotten for almost nothing.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 6:13 PM on Jul. 22, 2013

• You can get clothes from your local freecycle as well as other Moms who may have children close to your child's age.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 6:29 PM on Jul. 22, 2013

• it can be difficult to pay for things. do the best you can to get support either Medicaid or Medical Assistance any housing programs for low income families etc. Don't fear it will get better. good luck!
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 3:47 PM on Jul. 31, 2013