hi my name is heather i took the 3 hour gluclose test they said that i was at 155 and that i remained at 155 for the last hour of the gluclose test and that was considered abonormal

they also said that there limit was at 150 for the 3 hour gluclose test so they are wanting me to take the test again I am 22 wks pregnant

cologirl122

Asked by cologirl122 at 4:20 PM on Jul. 22, 2013 in Pregnancy

• Ok
    I think your OB knows better than we do

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 4:22 PM on Jul. 22, 2013

• OK... what's your question???
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 4:54 PM on Jul. 22, 2013

• my question was would 155 be considered normal they are saying that is abnormal for the 3 hour gluclose test
    cologirl122

Comment by cologirl122 (original poster) at 6:12 PM on Jul. 22, 2013

• Ask your doctor
    DJDNY

Answer by DJDNY at 6:47 PM on Jul. 22, 2013

• If the medical professionals are telling you it is abnormal, why are you asking us if it's normal.. You already have the answer....abnormal..

All medical questions should be asked to your health care team, the people that know your history..
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 8:01 PM on Jul. 22, 2013

• 155 is normal for someone with diabetes, not someone without. Someone without that would be HIGH. But I am not a doctor.
    Anonymous

• I think you are forgetting this was a gluclose tolerance test that I took my first 2 blood draws came out normal they said but the other two blood draws at the last 2 hours the gluclose levels didn't change they said it remained at 155 and that the limit was at 150 in which they said was what made it abnormal and now they are wanting me have another gluclose test in 4 wks
    cologirl122

Comment by cologirl122 (original poster) at 12:09 AM on Jul. 23, 2013

• The reason they're saying it was abnormal is because your glucose levels remained unchanged for the last 2 hours. They should have continued to fall. They want you to take another test probably because you were borderline. If I were you, in the meanwhile, I would eat as if you were sure you had gestational diabetes - there's no point taking any risks... Better safe than sorry, right? :)
    goldpandora

Answer by goldpandora at 4:33 AM on Jul. 23, 2013

• You failed. If you fail again you will be put on a diabetic diet. It doesn't matter that you were only five points off. You are looking at gestational diabetes which will have to be monitored closely. That is assuming you fail the second time around.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:09 AM on Jul. 23, 2013