I married my boyfriend's cousin?

I have been married to my husband for 4 yrs. And i have known him for 11. I have 2 children from my past relationship when i was younger. My children father has never been in our life's only my husband i never care when ppl talk about us due to they are cousins but lately he has been thinking about it. He feels like r problems r the root of them beeing cousins. What do yall think? My opinion is that we r just passing a hard times in r relationship in all areas but we can get thru it.....

lizbenavidez

Asked by lizbenavidez at 4:24 PM on Jul. 22, 2013 in Relationships

• So the baby daddy and the husband are cousins? I don't see how that would be a problem, it only is a problem if you all let it be a problem.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 4:32 PM on Jul. 22, 2013

• Well if the bio dad isn't in your life, how would you think the fact they are cousins is the problem, I would suggest working out your problems, one by one. Unless your in-laws are causing grief, I can't see how the fact they are related would make one whit of difference. Does the bio grandma/grandpa see the children?
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 4:44 PM on Jul. 22, 2013

• they are cousins...so what?

only should be an issue if one of you is letting it be an issue...
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 5:38 PM on Jul. 22, 2013

• Have you asked your husband to explain why he feels that the fact he is a cousin of your children's father is an issue?
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 6:05 PM on Jul. 22, 2013

• Talk to him and find out what the real problem is.
    morebee7

Answer by morebee7 at 10:56 PM on Jul. 22, 2013