ULTRASOUND~!

today I had my ultrasound for measurements! i'm 36weeks +3 days

I was told today I have a really big, baby. estimate of 7lb 5 oz give or take a pound, and im a small girl. my last daughter was 7lb 3oz at birth and I had a lot of issues pushing her out.

I was also told today a average woman around my week of pregnancy only has about 7-9cm of fluid left due to being so close to the end u slowly loose fluids.

well my fluids measure 19cm, should I worry?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:23 PM on Jul. 22, 2013 in Pregnancy

• Did you ask your doctor?
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 5:26 PM on Jul. 22, 2013

• Ultrasounds estimates are not 100% accurate. Did you discuss any concerns with your doctor?
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 5:27 PM on Jul. 22, 2013

• Did the person who gave you the ultrasound results think the fluid levels were something to worry about?
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 5:28 PM on Jul. 22, 2013

• my doctor hasn't read the ultrasound yet, I just had it done a hour ago.

at my stage in pregnancy fluids are supposed to decrease.. and mine are at 19cm.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:32 PM on Jul. 22, 2013

• Ultrasounds are not accurate. They told me that my last child was 9 lbs at least & wanted to schedule a C-Section. I said BS! The baby weighed 7 lbs 11 oz. when she was born. Relax & if your first child was average then the second baby will be too unless you had gestational diabetes. You know your body. Are you that much bigger then when you were pregnant with your first child??? That would be a clue to me.

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 5:59 PM on Jul. 22, 2013

• So, WHO exactly gave you this information if you haven't talked to your doctor yet? The ultrasound tech? To the best of my knowledge, s/he is NOT medically trained to diagnose things like that.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 6:24 PM on Jul. 22, 2013

• No need to worry. My seven pound baby ended up being 6 pounds 3 ounces at birth. They can only estimate weight and it is often wrong . They shouldn't be telling you anything about fluid levels though it can cost them their job. If anything looks wrong your doctor will tell you.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:02 AM on Jul. 23, 2013