How to disinvite

OK here's the story...My sons coach football coach has a son that played on the same team as my son. During the season, my son knew the coaches kid from football but was not close with him. My husband and I became friendly with the coach and his wife. They asked us to hang out and we did. The last time we hung was not the best time out and I really no longer care to hang out with them. Unfortunately, I had mentioned that we were having a birthday party for my son at the end of next month and they were invited. this was before the last outing. Now that we are doing the invitations,not only do I not want to invite them but neither does my son. My question is should I just not mention anything to them and handle the situation if they ask where their invite is or send an email now? Help!

qweencabby

Asked by qweencabby at 5:47 PM on Jul. 22, 2013 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Are the other children/Parents that you are inviting friendly with the Coach & kid? If so then they will find out that they were not invited. If not then just say you decided to do a family party if they ask.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 5:55 PM on Jul. 22, 2013

• I think if you don't mention it again, they will get the hint. I would just let it go. That's a long time for something like a casually mentioned child's birthday party to be remembered.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 5:59 PM on Jul. 22, 2013

• Don't borrow trouble. Just leave it be unless they ask about it. If they do, tell them you decided to have a very small party with a limited guest list, unless they'll find out that other children they know are invited. If they'll find out, tell the truth as gently as you can, that after your last outing you decided you probably wouldn't want to hang out as much as you had before.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 7:08 PM on Jul. 22, 2013

• I wouldn't invite them. The party is about your child, not your child's football coach. If your child isn't friends with their child, don't invite them. If they ask, say you already had a full guest last including your child's friends.
    MeandMyBabes

Answer by MeandMyBabes at 7:44 PM on Jul. 22, 2013

• Okay your son going to continue to have this guy as his coach ? What happened that you had a bad time? It is a kids birthday party, I assume other kids will be there from the team? If you just didn't enjoy the night and nothing terrible happened in order to save drama I would go ahead and invite them.
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 8:49 PM on Jul. 22, 2013

• Paulie I am your sister wife, lol just read your answer
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 9:41 PM on Jul. 22, 2013

• Just say you had to reduce to less guest or family.
    morebee7

Answer by morebee7 at 11:47 PM on Jul. 22, 2013