Have any of you ever delt with ACS/CPS?

My twins are home schooled. They both have been diagnosed with mosaic Down syndrome.
I took Logan and Riley to their after school activity program, that day it was music club.
While my kids started to throw up after giving their second lunch. When I went to picked them up from the program, I automatically got a hard talking to by the head supervisor of the program.
She says, “What type of an idiot mom, gives to children who are allergic to dairy macaroni and cheese.
You people are so concern with buying food for as little as possible. That you would just put anything and your children mouths. Are you not aware that your children are allergic to dairy?” I calmly said “yes I am aware my children are allergic to dairy remember I am the one who inform you people.”
I took the children to the ER, it was only a stomach virus. That it is unknown to what start it.
On Saturday me and the twins was on our way out to go to the park. Before we left it was a knock at the door which was an ACS social worker. The lady was rude form the start, she starts off by saying it has been some concern of my lack of parenting skills. She said “Your children are home schooled? I really hope the children are not homeschooled by you. You don't really seem to the intelligent to teach anyone.” I responded with “If that is your opinion on me based on meeting me without knowing me then who am I to change a mind that was already completed before we even met. There is also new meaning to homeschooling. Did you know that there are on-line elementary schools that are a form of homeschooling? You should know I have trouble with spelling and grammar but not with reading. “I then showed the ACS worker the virtual school which my children attend. She then asked about their therapy that is needed because of their down syndrome. “Do you have medicate? “ I said “No” she then went on to say so I see that the children therapy is not happening. She wrote this down on her notes.
By this time I kept quiet. She then ask me about my twins allergies, “It says here the twins are allergic to dairy, peanuts, and wheat. I have to check your food to make sure they have food to eat that is safe for them. “She begin to go through my families fridge. Pointing at items such as, yogurt, cream cheese, sour cream, cheese, mayo, then saying they can’t eat this. Then she looked in the freezer at the ice cream sandwiches, and ice cream cartons and a few faux meat items.
She then checked my cabinets and said “ wow these children don’t eat at all in this house look at all the pasta, what do they have to eat, damn shame. “
She asks me to see the children bed room. I took her to Logan room. She said “only one bed and no toys and nothing but a night light.” We then left Logan room; she then said that would be all. I thought it was odd because she had not seen riley room yet. She left. About two days later the ACS worker came back to my home with a police officer with a court order to remove my children. I am very lucky my children were at their aunt house. I gave them the information they needed to speak with their aunt to see if she can keep the children for a while. I had to go to court a few days after that. When I got to court they were shock to see I came with my own paid lawyer.
I didn’t sign anything they gave me to sign. A few things I did to make sure my case would be dropped were bring pictures and video.
. I brought video of both of my children bed room
(Which disprove the social worker report that the twins share a room and have only one bed.)
I also made sure I had video of my children play room along with the debit card proof of payment and copy of the recipe form toys r us itself.
(Which disprove the social worker claim on no toys.)
I also went through my food and showed her my home vegan milk and cheese product. Meaning no dairy is use and making these products. I also showed our pasta products was in fact corn pasta not made from any wheat. And all the nut butters was not peanut. I told the judge the social worker just assume they were dairy, wheat, peanuts.
I also brought in the debit proof for those purchases along with original recipe form whole foods, trader Joes and fair way.
I also brought with me video of my children getting home therapy by professional therapist. I also showed paper work stating the twins only need speech therapy as of now. I showed the insurance that is paid out of pocket.
They said I was a single mother, I had to stop them right there. I showed the judge my marriage license and a copy of my husband’s boarding pass and explain to them he is away taking care of a frail grandparent who had an operation.
I also showed a debit card proof of all of the out of the USA we have taken within the seven years of the twins life.
I also showed proof of the type of school my children attends and proof of their after school programs.
My children were placed back into my care.
Have anyone else ever dealt with ACS?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:10 PM on Jul. 22, 2013 in General Parenting

• Yup my now husbands mother called them on me after we broke up abs told them my son lived in the basement with no food, house was a wreck and I beat him.
    Caseworker pulled up while my ds and brother were playing outside, asked to come in. I let her in and she went off about how she hates asholes that call in with fake reports. Case was closed on the spot, she told me I was doing a fine job apologized & left.
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 6:16 PM on Jul. 22, 2013

• smh
    smiley745

Answer by smiley745 at 6:17 PM on Jul. 22, 2013

• I had to deal with CPS once. I guess my CPS worker was a nice one. She talked to me and my DH. Talked to the Girls. Made me go to anger management class(that was stupid). And made me and my DH go to parenting classes(that was stupid). We had to go to the parenting class for 6 months. After that they droped the case.

Answer by louise2 at 6:22 PM on Jul. 22, 2013

• I dealt with them briefly once, till they dropped the case as unfounded. It sounds like you got a really bad power-tripping social worker, and I'm glad you managed to prove yourself and get your children back quickly.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 7:04 PM on Jul. 22, 2013

• Yes I have had them called on me for forgetting to send my daughters seizure helmet to school with her even though I promptly drove it up on my way to work. For six months they investigated me, talked to the school, doctors, therapy department and even dragged me down town for a 5 hour long interview before telling me that the claims of neglect were unsubstantiated and dropped the case. I told them, that was a great way to waste resources and funding when there are kids being beaten, starved and raped that need help but they had to investigate me for 6 months over a helmet.
    AnonNdrag

Answer by AnonNdrag at 7:09 PM on Jul. 22, 2013

• Yes and in my case rightly so. They were called after the cops responded to a call made by my ex(funny because he was ultimately the reason that CPS got involved). He was highly abusive. He was ordered to anger managment(he went once) and I got the therapy I asked them for which was Dialectical behavioral therapy, something I had been trying to get into(couldn't afford) for years before my son was even a whisper, since before I met my ex. My son went to stay with my mother for a bit.

After the ex refused to go to anger management I left, finished mine and before it was even finished I had my son. It wasn't a requirement that my son had to stay with my mother it was something I choose in the beginning when I was foolish enough to think that I could "fix" my ex. He nearly killed me after CPS was involved but before I left him. CPS was helpful and they did keep tabs on me through the 8mths that they were "involved" ..cont
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 7:34 PM on Jul. 22, 2013

• 8mths they were involved with us. I moved a couple times during that period(I obviously didn't have a stable life) but she never gave me any problems. She helped me with my ex, making it so he could only have supervised visits.

It isn't always just CPS that is bad but the case worker. My SIL is now a CPS caseworker, she is a crisis caseworker meaning she is the worker for the first 30 days and is the one who goes out to investigate and to help take the children away, she is also one of the nicest people I know. Like every profession there are always those who are on a power trip. lol
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 7:36 PM on Jul. 22, 2013

• Yes. My ex has called them on me twice, both times unfounded. But the first time the woman stated I was being neglectful - she said she saw my kids at the playground without supervision. In our neighborhood there were 2 other kids, a blond girl and a brown haired boy the same ages as my kids. They played on the playground often with their parents in hearing distance but not in sight. I had to get these two kids over to my house when the cps lady was there to show her it wasn't my children she had seen, it was the neighbors. (Besides the fact I had 2 sitters at my house in the afternoons [to do therapy with my oldest] that swore I never let my kids play at the playground without me).

Answer by missanc at 8:02 PM on Jul. 22, 2013

• Not in that way but I have reported abusive and neglectful parents while working at a day care. Come to find out they were reported in other counties and kept moving.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 8:45 PM on Jul. 22, 2013

• yeah i have.
    My ExDH had a cray cray ExDW
    It got to the point they would call me:
    " (insert name) we have had a neglect report, we are coming on this day and time is that convenient for you"?
    Me:
    "Yeah- meet ya in the driveway, want coffee"?
    Them:
    "With cream"
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 9:20 PM on Jul. 22, 2013