"Virginia Republican: I stand by my attacks on LGBT people as ‘soulless’ and ‘self-destructive’"

Whole article is here.

At a time when the government is starting to investigate hate crimes and school bullying that includes anti-LGBT bias, is this appropriate language for any politician?  Yes, he has the RIGHT to say it, but does that mean he SHOULD say it?

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 6:18 PM on Jul. 22, 2013 in Religious Debate

• No, of course he shouldn't say it. But, the sad part is that since he is a politician he said it knowing that, at least a percentage of the people he was elected to represent, agree with him.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 6:28 PM on Jul. 22, 2013

• God no. And I can't wait to vote against him:P
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 6:37 PM on Jul. 22, 2013

• What a self-righteous dumb ass windbag. I suppose he has the right to show his true colors, but nothing good will come out of him doing it.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 7:00 PM on Jul. 22, 2013

• Wow- between him bashing gays & our president adding fuel to the racial tensions, where's the idiot in charge of the "He man woman haters club"?!
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 8:41 PM on Jul. 22, 2013

• The man doth protest too much, me thinks.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 9:03 PM on Jul. 22, 2013

• "The man doth protest too much, me thinks."

Agreed. When you look at his "initiatives" along with his inflammatory rhetoric it definitely falls into that category.

To me, one of the bigger issues is why he feels safe saying it. Clearly, at least in his mind, it's not political suicide to openly discriminate against an entire subset of people.
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 10:02 PM on Jul. 22, 2013

• Wouldn't you rather have him say it before the election than to act on it after? I wish politicians would be more honest about how they really feel so we can choose more wisely in the booth.
    emptynstr

Answer by emptynstr at 2:32 PM on Jul. 23, 2013

• I also would rather know where a politician stands before election. If he's for gay rights or not at least you know what he believes. I'm really rather sick about all the policitians who are for everyone. You can't be. How can you say you're against gay rights and then vote for them or vice versus. How can you say you're for gun control but then say you support the NRA? Women's right to an abortion and then sign against them? I'm not talking any one side here either. It's both sides. I'd 10 times rather have some one say something that isn't policitically correct but what they truely believe then be wishy washy about what they stand for.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 2:59 PM on Jul. 23, 2013

• Oh good lord, he is a prudish moron.

It's one thing to be against something for personal reason (religious, whatever) but to make such nasty comments about your constituents ... wow. Be honest about it so we will know but dear god, use some common sense!!

But hey, if you want to slit your own political throat, go right ahead.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 10:14 AM on Jul. 24, 2013

• He has a right to say anything but he is a moron for saying it it harms his position.....

Answer by older at 9:05 AM on Jul. 27, 2013