How do you tell DH you found out his ex is taking him to court?

While I was being nosey on SS14 Facebook page, I found out he called me a homewrecker, and that his Mom not only told him to disrespect me, she said she is taking DH to court! He is the custodial parent because SS14 told the judge a year ago that he wanted to live with us. He got kicked out of school for this past year & got grounded. Since then he has been defiant and hateful. I was being nosey to find out if BM was really going to show up to pick him up tomorrow, but I never thought I'd see all this mess. I know DH is going to be upset, but this has been an on going thing with ss14 saying he wants to live with his Mom since he has been grounded. How would you bring this up to your DH?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:20 PM on Jul. 22, 2013 in General Parenting

• I would screen capture the whole thing and present it to your DH, as well as keeping a copy of it to give to your attorney.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 7:02 PM on Jul. 22, 2013

• Question: are you willing to admit how you found out this info?
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 6:25 PM on Jul. 22, 2013

• just tell him
    smiley745

Answer by smiley745 at 6:51 PM on Jul. 22, 2013

• There's no easy way, just tell him you know he isn't going to like it but ...

Oh, and you might have to admit that you were snooping.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 6:59 PM on Jul. 22, 2013

• I admitted it. It wasn't a big deal to say I snooped. His ex is never on time so we've looked before to see what she told her son about when she would be here. DH was none too happy that his son was talking so harshly about me. He also was ticked that his ex told their son to tell me to shut up! After discussing it, we dont think she'll go to court. Now its going to be a discussion with his counselor. I was worried that it would cause a scene in front of the other kids, or that he'd be upset with me that his son suddenly blames me for the demise of his parents' marriage. None of that happened. Thanks for the advice
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:17 PM on Jul. 22, 2013

• I did take screen shots, too!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:20 PM on Jul. 22, 2013