I want to get an abortion, but i dont know how to tell my baby's fathers, he is highly aginst it, what should I do??

Im 5 weeks along.

Unsuremom102

Asked by Unsuremom102 at 8:21 PM on Jul. 22, 2013 in Relationships

• Ultimately it's your decision. How far along are you?
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 8:24 PM on Jul. 22, 2013

• Saving my well thought out, considerate response...
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 8:25 PM on Jul. 22, 2013

• As stated it is your choice and you have to live with it.
    DJDNY

Answer by DJDNY at 8:29 PM on Jul. 22, 2013

• Im 5 or 6 weeks
    Unsuremom102

Comment by Unsuremom102 (original poster) at 8:30 PM on Jul. 22, 2013

• Why not just give him the baby? It was your decision to spread your legs without protection. Why not give the baby a choice? And your boyfriend a choice to be a dad?

I'm Pro-Life and found out I was pregnant when I was 16. It was difficult, but I survived and have a beautiful 17 yr old daughter who is a lot smarter than I was.
    tempsingl3mom

Answer by tempsingl3mom at 8:34 PM on Jul. 22, 2013

• Ahhh- you responded.
    Ok- ultimately it is your body your choice.
    If you are referring to him as baby's father and not boyfriend or husband then you must have some misgivings about the relationship.
    If you are only considering terminating because you dont like the guy- not because having a child at this point in your life is ill advised- then you may want to talk to someone.

If he doesnt know you are pregnant, IMHO, dont tell him and keep the termination private.
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 8:36 PM on Jul. 22, 2013

• Okay, we did use protection, we used a condom and I was on birth control,., and, its not I don't like the guy its that im not ready for a baby. at this point in my life.
    Unsuremom102

Comment by Unsuremom102 (original poster) at 8:41 PM on Jul. 22, 2013

• You don't have to state them here, but you should think clearly about the reasons you want an abortion. If you're not ready to raise a child, could you give the baby to the dad, or do you have misgivings about him as a parent? Could you both put the baby up for adoption? Or are you worried about being pregnant or carrying this particular pregnancy for some reason? When push comes to shove, it's your body and your choice whether or not to carry a baby to term. Personally I would let the dad know if at all possible, unless it puts you in danger of abuse to do so.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 8:42 PM on Jul. 22, 2013

• Not touching this one with a ten foot pole
    AnonNdrag

Answer by AnonNdrag at 8:42 PM on Jul. 22, 2013

• Can you answer some hard questions? Are you willing to?

WHY are you not ready for a baby?
    Trust me. I am not attempting to be judgmental. I am only asking you to voice your concerns. If talking it out confirms your decision, so be it.

I simply, honestly believe that anyone who is considering termination MUST not have the procedure performed willy nilly.
    KWIM?
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 8:51 PM on Jul. 22, 2013