To comment? Or not to comment?

My 18 year old know-it-all cousin who knows nothing at all likes to post crap on Facebook about this and that in the world. It's funny, because she thinks she knows better when in reality her naivety explodes through her comments.

Anyway, I'm not really close with her, but I have a deep urge to comment on her latest post - "Who cares about a stupid royal baby. Let's worry about issues that really affect this world" (because the birth of a future king is of no importance, apparently). So I want to nicely comment and say "the hype is overrated, but politically it of importance because one day that baby will rule a country". Just in hopes of opening her narrow mind a bit. She's a smart girl she's just young, inexperienced, and was raised by very stubborn right-wing extremists.

Sorry so long. Should I comment?

Asked by maecntpntz219 at 10:03 PM on Jul. 22, 2013 in Relationships

• IDK, I know a lot of older adults that still exhibit that kind of ignorance. Sometimes it's just best to ignore. At least it is for me.

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:27 PM on Jul. 22, 2013

• Yes, I would. It's good for kids to get challenged on what they say as it, hopefully, can lead to an increase in critical thinking skills. As we all know, those are sorely lacking lately

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 10:05 PM on Jul. 22, 2013

• No
    ignore it
    just share her comments here so we all have a good laugh

after all dont want the family reunion to be unpleasant

Answer by feralxat at 10:06 PM on Jul. 22, 2013

• Depends on how much effort it's worth to you. Most likely it won't do any good or change her mind. If you think there's hope for expanding her thinking, go for it. But don't hold your breath.

Answer by Ballad at 10:09 PM on Jul. 22, 2013

• I would not comment. She is 18 and has alot to learn

Answer by DJDNY at 10:16 PM on Jul. 22, 2013

• Well technically the royal child will not "Rule" as it is parliament which determines that. However the child may be head of the monarchy and thus select the Prime Minister whom leads parliament. However that doe snot give her license to act like a bitch about it.

Answer by KristiS11384 at 10:18 PM on Jul. 22, 2013

• go for it

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:06 PM on Jul. 22, 2013

• I would.

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 10:07 PM on Jul. 22, 2013

• I wouldn't bother commenting. It's funny that she would comment on the baby instead of just sticking to a statement about worrying about things that she considers important or relevant.

For the record, I don't really care about the royal baby. I don't have a feeling on it one way or another. I mean, good for them and all, but it doesn't change my day. Then again, a lot of regionally relevant and important events haven't changed my days. It doesn't mean they are any less significant or relevant to those that live in those regions.

And good gravy, WTF is wrong with being just a little happy for someone else's important day?  Is she an attention seeker?

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:10 PM on Jul. 22, 2013

• You"ll go farther by being a good example to her.

Answer by morebee7 at 10:49 PM on Jul. 22, 2013