What helps you go to sleep?

I have some of the Zzzquil, so I might try that tonight. I've been really uncomfortable lately. I pulled a muscle in my leg when we were on vacation and it's still screwed up. Hurts to sit and hurts to run or walk fast. I can stand and walk, but sitting is really uncomfortable. DH got sick (from me - boo me) and has been snoring all night long and I can't seem to get to sleep before 3 am. I am exhausted and need to get things done around the house because we have company coming next week. I need sleep.

So, what do you do about being sleepless and uncomfortable?

QuinnMae

Asked by QuinnMae at 10:34 PM on Jul. 22, 2013 in Health

• I use melatonin if I can't sleep but that's not really going to help much if the pain is waking you up (or keeping you up). Have you tried a warm bath? Maybe sleeping in another room until your DH is past the snoring stage?
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 10:37 PM on Jul. 22, 2013

• Duct tape his mouth shut & pop some Benadryl. Only serious about the Benadryl btw!
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 11:26 PM on Jul. 22, 2013

• Ambien. Honestly.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 10:41 PM on Jul. 22, 2013

• Loads of alcohol!

J/K, I don't take sleeping pills because I am a zombie the next day. So I just sleep when I can. Sometimes reading textbooks for school puts me to sleep, but not much else.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 10:44 PM on Jul. 22, 2013

• Read and drink hot tea.
    morebee7

Answer by morebee7 at 10:45 PM on Jul. 22, 2013

• Advil PM does help me when I am really sore and can't sleep. I can only take it when I don't have to work the next day though. I really do feel like a zombie. Might not hit you like that though.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 10:52 PM on Jul. 22, 2013

• Sex
    Benadryl

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:53 PM on Jul. 22, 2013

• Two things- they both start with "M". One is melatonin.

I'll give you 3 guesses what the other one is......

PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 11:11 PM on Jul. 22, 2013

• I usually have to resort to a small dose of a prescription sleep aid. But one natural thing that really does help push me over the edge into sleep, believe it or not, is an orgasm. I guess everything gets relaxed or something. If I'm struggling to drift off, sometimes I'll make myself climax just because I know that should give me the last push I need.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 10:41 PM on Jul. 22, 2013

• Sleep aids and even alcohol make me sleepy but restless. I fall asleep to Netflix. I have 3 or 4 of the same movies I put on every night that I just fall asleep to with my headphones in. My mind races at night if I dont have audible distraction. I rarely get more than 10-15 minutes into the movie before I fall asleep lol. At this point I don't think I could ever watch any of them without falling asleep unintentionally.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 10:42 PM on Jul. 22, 2013