Interesting ...

George Zimmerman Rescues Somebody From Truck - Business Insider

AP
George Zimmerman briefly emerged from hiding last week to pull people out of an overturned truck on a Florida highway, ABC News reports.
Zimmerman and another man reportedly helped a family of four, including two children, out of the overturned SUV before police arrived, according to the Orlando Sentinel.
The SUV's occupants weren't injured, and Zimmerman apparently did not witness the crash.
It was the first time Zimmerman was seen in public after his acquittal on second-degree murder charges for the shooting death of Florida teenager Trayvon Martin. His lawyers say that he now wears a bullet proof vest when he goes out in public, according to ABC.
The "not guilty" verdict spawned violent protests across the country, and Zimmerman has received many death threats.
Details about the rescue are scarce, but police confirmed the news today. The Florida Highway Patrol is now handling the case. The truck had apparently rolled over in a crash at the intersection of a Florida highway.

http://www.businessinsider.com/george-zimmerman-rescues-somebody-from-truck-2013-7

Regardless of what anybody thinks about Zimmerman's actions or his acquittal, I thought it was interesting that he would briefly emerge from hiding to help a family in a moment of need. Since the trial, even his parents have received death threats. Comments?

Ballad

Asked by Ballad at 1:16 AM on Jul. 23, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• My cynical side says; NBC will doctor the 911 tape to make it sound like he profiled the truck based on it's color, shot the tires out and rammed it off the road.

As hated as he is, he still had the balls to help out this family. IMO, shows what kinda man he is. I bet the family is glad he didn't wait for emergency responders....
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 1:06 AM on Jul. 24, 2013

• He is trying to make up for killing Travon. Nothing can make up for that.

Answer by louise2 at 7:42 AM on Jul. 23, 2013

• I read that. So he helped a few people. My understanding is he helped a lot of people before the trial to. The media went out of control on this trial. There is nothing more special about this case than any of the other, what has to be hundreds, of 'gray area' self defense trials out there. I can not for the life of me figure out what makes this one so special.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:13 AM on Jul. 23, 2013

• http://www.businessinsider.com/george-zimmerman-rescues-somebody-from-truck-2013-7

^^^^Clicky-  It still won't convince the haters of anything.  The car could've been on fire & it still wouldn't change some people's minds about him.  Sadly, I haven't heard of any stories of arrests made for those making the death threats.  Guess they're just too busy to deal with it.  Hopefully it's just talk & no one actually makes good on those threats.  :(

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 6:49 AM on Jul. 23, 2013

• I'm sure the people that were rescued by him and the other man feel fortunate that someone cared enough to help. I don't have many feelings on the Martin / Zimmerman case, but I find it sad that people have so much hate.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:44 AM on Jul. 23, 2013

• I think it shows the man's true character IMO.
    marymargret

Answer by marymargret at 12:27 PM on Jul. 23, 2013

• My comment is I wish people would let it go already.

If what he did wasn't self defense and he murdered Martin, saving this family won't change that. And if it was self defense when he killed Martin, then this is nothing more than some guy helping a family in need - and if he wasn't all over the news for the trial, no one would ever have known about it.

People need to quit focusing so much on this one guy and one situation. If you think this situation is symptomatic of racism or something else, then stop focusing on just him, because that's not going to change anything. Focus on the bigger picture if you want to change something.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 7:20 AM on Jul. 23, 2013

• Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:10 AM on Jul. 23, 2013

• no comment!!!!!!!
    rosesrred1

Answer by rosesrred1 at 9:36 AM on Jul. 23, 2013

• good for him. He isn't some murderous scum, he got his ass beat, and shot the little punk to get him off him. Sad that a 17 year old kid beat his ass but oh well.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:51 AM on Jul. 23, 2013