Tofu for babies?

I'm trying to give my 1yr old new things, and heard tofu was good. Any good tofu ideas?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:57 PM on Feb. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I have never tried preparing tofu myself but my son has always loved the tofu that is found in miso soup. Also you could check out allrecipes.com for some good ideas.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 3:04 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• http://www.wholesomebabyfood.com/tofu.htm

Tofu is a great source of iron, protein and calcium.

As Tofu is a soy product, you should not offer it to an infant who has any allergy to soy!

Tofu has many uses and is great as a Baby Finger Foods for baby or as a substitute for meats.  Tofu (along with other protein sources such as meats) is typically begun around 8 months old.

Cassieniccole

Answer by Cassieniccole at 3:13 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• I just cube it up and give it to her in a bowl, no seasonings or anything. She loves it! I'll give it to her seasoned if I make a tofu stir-fry.
    evwsquared

Answer by evwsquared at 3:28 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• Yeah, my friend says her daughter LOVES uncooked, plain tofu. Try that.

Otherwise, you can just pan fry it with a teeny bit of olive oil, and season with whatever you like!

For a first time tho, I'd just try it plain.
    Arkaidy

Answer by Arkaidy at 3:38 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• I cubed it and gave it to my son, he used to love it! Or I'd lightly season it and warm it for him in a bit of olive oil. It can also be added to pureed fruit to make a smoothy or pudding type thing.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 6:32 PM on Feb. 18, 2009