Have you ever had your guard up?

I hear people say that a lot. Have you ever had that going on in your life and what helped to break down those barriers?

Jazmineamomma

Asked by Jazmineamomma at 11:27 AM on Jul. 23, 2013 in Relationships

• You need to keep it up,somewhat,or you're bound to get screwed over

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 11:28 AM on Jul. 23, 2013

• Everyday at work!
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 11:29 AM on Jul. 23, 2013

• That's what I think. People love to screw over nice people. I've had it happen and it sucks. Just had to let a girl go because she was never my friend even though I bent over backwards to help her. Won't do that again.
    Jazmineamomma

Comment by Jazmineamomma (original poster) at 11:33 AM on Jul. 23, 2013

• Often. I try not to, because I don't want to be one of those kinds of people but I think sometimes it's just easier to put the wall up than to dwell on why things are they way they are.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 11:48 AM on Jul. 23, 2013

• I have my guard up on the interwebs because if I don't, my comp gets STD's and gives me lots an lots of sad faces.
    BeaverHouse

Answer by BeaverHouse at 12:04 PM on Jul. 23, 2013

• You have your guard up in certain situations. You are closed in or guarded if it is a pretty constant thing.

Yes there are situations that I have my guard up. Yes there are things that a private that is no one's business but my own.
    But for the most part no I am not and even when I have my guard up I am nice to people.

Their attitudes and actions do not dictate how I behave.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:04 PM on Jul. 23, 2013

• I almost always have my guard up. I don't trust ANYONE.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 1:00 PM on Jul. 23, 2013

• I think building trust with anyone takes time, and slowly your guard can go down. I'm a firm believer in trusting but verfying for instance someone saids I want tell anyone and then you hear something you said get around then you know that you can't trust that person. I'm also into testing people. Because if you do then you can see how they are in certain situations. It's a balance though. Since my divorce I have my guard up more then ever. I want to trust but that takes time and patience it's something that doesn't develop overnight!
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 1:12 PM on Jul. 23, 2013

• Having my guard up is pretty normal for me. I don't ever remember a time when I wasn't that way. I see my daughter who is willing to talk to anyone, and believe anyone, at five years old. I remember already shying away from people at that age. Which tells me she's secure in who she is and I wasn't. Now as an adult, you learn to be a little les open with everybody, but hopefully not to an extent that it changes who you are.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 3:34 PM on Jul. 23, 2013

• yes
    smiley745

Answer by smiley745 at 5:33 PM on Jul. 23, 2013