Work promblim

i got the job for the hotel postion i was supposed to come in from 10 to 12 on thursday so i told the manager i wouldnt be able to make it around that time and she said let me talk to my boss. so a few minutes ago she called and i told her i wont be able to make it she got really snotty at me on the phone saying that i dont understand what i am talking about and i am trying to tell her and after that she said oh so u said u wont be able to make it in then she goes i will talk to my boss. and i will call u back ok ladies what would u do would u work for her and the company if she not being polite ?

please give me some advice thank u again ladies

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:34 AM on Jul. 23, 2013 in Money & Work

• OMG that bitch is totally being unreasonable. I can't believe she expects you to show up for a job that you've been hired to do. You should totally call her boss and complain and submit a nasty report to the Better Business Bureau.
    BeaverHouse

Answer by BeaverHouse at 12:02 PM on Jul. 23, 2013

• You were hired for a JOB. You don't get to choose when you can go in. You go in when you are required to be there. That's what having a job is all about
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 11:41 AM on Jul. 23, 2013

• so, you applied for and got a job but cannot go to orientaion?
    WHY?

I'm sure they are not pleased...
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 11:36 AM on Jul. 23, 2013

• yeah... and what Prissy says too! I just didn't have the energy to post all that!
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 11:46 AM on Jul. 23, 2013

• I think it boils down to are you willing to do the job THEY need you to do, or are you only willing to work when it is convenient for you?
    Make the arrangements and go to the orientation
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 11:57 AM on Jul. 23, 2013

• problem
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:36 AM on Jul. 23, 2013

• I would try my best to arrange it so I can be there at the time they ask me to be there.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 11:41 AM on Jul. 23, 2013

• This makes very little sense... probably doesn't make sense to her either. Stop going between a middle man and talk to the boss directly!!!
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 11:41 AM on Jul. 23, 2013

• When you first start a job you should be saying "Yes, no problem, I'll be there!" You have to or they will just find someone more flexible.
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 12:04 PM on Jul. 23, 2013

• It doesn't sound like you'll have the job very long if you can't even make it to your first day of work. Your boss and her boss are likely discussing that now.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 12:07 PM on Jul. 23, 2013