Can't sleep all of a sudden! Is this perimenopause?

I am 48. Recently, my periods have been irregular. I feel hot sometimes when it's not that hot. I've been up to 4 AM and sleep late! I am not depressed, and nothing is weighing on my mind, but I toss and turn and can't get comfortable! I took sleeping pills but that didn't work! This sucks! In the past, I always slept like a baby!

Please give me advice and tell me what you think! Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:08 PM on Jul. 23, 2013 in Health

• You could have stopped at "I am 48"... so yes it could be. Talk to your doc if you feel you need assistance. Otherwise just ride it out!!
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 2:20 PM on Jul. 23, 2013

• Could be. There are a lot of home remedies that might help you sleep, if this doesn't pass on its own. The biggest thing is, don't just lie there in bed wishing you coud fall asleep. It sets the pattern in your mind that bed is a wakeful, restless place, and that's hard to break. Get up and read or walk around a bit, have some warm milk or give yourself an orgasm, and then go back to bed when you feel like you want to drift off.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:31 PM on Jul. 23, 2013

• I'm 40, and have been going through the same thing. I'm starting to think I need to run some laps around the house to wear myself out.. I toss and turn all night, and wake up feeling horrible...
    I have no clue of my periods have stopped, I had the novasure procedure 4 yrs ago, so they stopped back then... Hope you find something that helps. Maybe melatonin?
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 3:06 PM on Jul. 23, 2013

• More than likely it is stress , and not been able to shut down the mind. Pre Menopause cant add to it
    by2013

Answer by by2013 at 3:13 PM on Jul. 23, 2013

• Yes, it could be. My sleeping was really messed up during that time. You might try sleepytime teas at night, but I found warm milk is what helped me the most. GL!
    silverthreads

Answer by silverthreads at 3:37 PM on Jul. 23, 2013