Decorating cake pops

okay so i bought myself a cake pop maker for my birthday, and it came with sticks. i just made a batch of chocolate ones, and when they cool i want to decorate them. i went the cheap, lazy route and bought different flavors of icing already made instead of making my own. i wanted to experiment with different flavors thats why i just bought canned icing.

anyway i cant figure out how to decorate them. i lined two cookie sheets with wax paper. should i ice them, stick the stick in and put them upside down to harden in the fridge? if i do that though, the things i put on top (i planned to put mini chocolate chips on some of them and drizzle fudge on others) will smear. so in that case, should i decorate them the way i want, put them right side up on the cookie sheet, let them harden, and then stick in the sticks when they're done?

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 2:23 PM on Jul. 23, 2013 in Food & Drink

• do you have an empty egg carton? I frosted mine and stuck then upright into an egg carton so the top wouldn't be flat.
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 2:32 PM on Jul. 23, 2013

• Could you stand them up by the sticks in a glass maybe?
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 3:02 PM on Jul. 23, 2013

• They're usually dipped in candy melts.
    idareyou

Answer by idareyou at 9:41 PM on Jul. 23, 2013