Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Can I go back in the military felony charges of child endangerment?

I was in the military for about a year and was honorably discharged. I went to court for felony child endangerment charges that I did no jail time because of my lawyer but this is still on my record and I was also charged with a misdemeanor as well. I would like to know would I be able to reenlist.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 4:55 PM on Jul. 23, 2013 in Money & Work

Answers (12)
  • you need to talk to your recruiter

    Answer by josiesmommy00 at 4:57 PM on Jul. 23, 2013

  • I assume if they essentially fired you, that would be the equivalent in the real world, that they would NOT take you back. But you can always call a recruiter and ask.

    Answer by cassie_kellison at 4:58 PM on Jul. 23, 2013

  • I don't think so. I don't think you can have a felony on your record. You need to talk to a recruiter.

    Answer by kmath at 4:58 PM on Jul. 23, 2013

  • As far as my understanding goes, no you would not. You can always talk to a recruiter who would have better intel

    Answer by Dardenella at 4:59 PM on Jul. 23, 2013

  • I just reread this. You were only in for a year and they let you go?
    This means you did not serve out your hitch. If they let you go, they chances are almost nil they would take you in again. It costs a good deal of money to train a soldier.
    Then add the felony and I would not even give you a prayer of a chance.

    Answer by Dardenella at 5:44 PM on Jul. 23, 2013

  • No you can't.

    Answer by funlovinlady at 5:57 PM on Jul. 23, 2013

  • I'll bite.
    What did you do?

    Answer by feralxat at 6:33 PM on Jul. 23, 2013

  • Nope.

    Answer by Izsarejman at 6:35 PM on Jul. 23, 2013

  • I guess we would have to know the reason for the honorable discharge, most of the time this is when you have been wounded, pstd, etc.
    I would be more worried about your felony charge of child endangerment, and you serving MY country, they must have had some type of proof for you to take a plea, do MY and all of our country a favor, and find something else to do.
    I don't mean to be harsh, but I have no desire for someone who allows, obtains, or uses a child and puts them in danger.

    Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 6:35 PM on Jul. 23, 2013

  • Ask a qualified professional about your situation because the rest of us can only speculate.

    Answer by Ballad at 7:00 PM on Jul. 23, 2013

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.