How do I clean my dingy bra?

My white bra is dingy looking and regular washing isn't getting the dinginess out, what can I do to clean it? Peroxide? Bleach? I'm about to toss it if I can't get it clean.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:57 PM on Jul. 23, 2013 in Beauty & Style

• Bleach will whiten it, but it will damage the elasticity and if it has lace it could eat right through it. I would give it a try, because you are going to chuck it anyway if you can't whiten it. Make sure to wash your white bras with light colors only and use a non-chlorine bleach to keep them brighter for longer.
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 5:08 PM on Jul. 23, 2013

• Woolite is usually pretty good for delicates. I have also used that oxy-clean. It takes some elbo grease, but it seems to work. But bleach will probably be your best bet.
    goofygalno1

Answer by goofygalno1 at 5:39 PM on Jul. 23, 2013

• You don't just soak it in pure bleach. You put it in a load with water and laundry soap. That's what I do anyway
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 5:00 PM on Jul. 23, 2013

• Time for a new bra, you can try it with your whites in bleach, but if nobody sees it and it is a wonderful bra, I wouldn't worry too much about it.
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 5:10 PM on Jul. 23, 2013

• Comfortable bras are few and far between, so I agree that unless the thing looks absolutely awful, just wear it and don't let it be seen. *Smile.*
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 6:58 PM on Jul. 23, 2013

• um, bleach. That's what people use to whiten whites.
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 4:58 PM on Jul. 23, 2013

• Try bleach.. maybe use some Shout before throwing it in a bleach load.
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 4:59 PM on Jul. 23, 2013

• Bleach always seems to make mine yellowy though.... I just stopped buying white. LOL!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 8:14 PM on Jul. 23, 2013

• it wont ruin the fabric?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:59 PM on Jul. 23, 2013