Why you shouldn't leave your child in the car.... adult content

I just don't understand how anyone could forget or leave their child in a car...

LostSoul88

Asked by LostSoul88 at 6:01 PM on Jul. 23, 2013 in Parenting Debate

• I'm sorry, as soon as that sweet little boy started crying, I had to stop watching. I am stunned every time I hear stories about people who do things like that. I can't comprehend how anyone could do that to their child or their pet. It's sickening & those who do it need to meet the same fate.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 6:06 PM on Jul. 23, 2013

• I know it was a dramatization and all.. but still, stupid bitch.

I can't believe people actually forget their own child(ren) in the car.
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 6:08 PM on Jul. 23, 2013

• There was one that made headlines recently about the mom who left her son in the car while she was in the porn store for like 20 minutes...
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 6:19 PM on Jul. 23, 2013

• It's just beyond me how anyone would forget a child or a pet in a hot car. I don't get it. Anyone with a half a lick of sense would already know not to do that before seeing the ad, and anybody who doesn't have the sense to know won't be made smarter by the ad.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 6:20 PM on Jul. 23, 2013

• I agree, it is sickening. I don't care if you just have to run inside to grab a pack of gum, you don't leave your child alone in a car ESPECIALLY if it's hot and/or sunny. So many things happen.

I knew someone who left the kids alone in the vehicle in a parking lot while they ran lunch in. While they were inside, the parking brake malfunctioned and the vehicle started rolling backwards with the kids inside. Luckily someone was able to stop the vehicle.

tempsingl3mom

Answer by tempsingl3mom at 7:08 PM on Jul. 23, 2013

• neighbors came home other day
    mom, dad and 5 year old go in the house
    ten minutes later other neighbor lady and i are outside, we hear a baby crying, she runs over to their car
    they left their 2 year old in the car because he was sleeping
    windows were up
    and it was close to 100 with heat index

FUCKING IDIOTS!
    they did not forget, they did not want to wake him
    if we had not been outside...how many minutes because that child would never wake up again

fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 7:56 PM on Jul. 23, 2013

• fiatpax, I hope one of you had a serious conversation with the parents. I would have been tempted to call the police or CPS just so it was documented. That stuff really gets under my skin.
    tempsingl3mom

Answer by tempsingl3mom at 8:29 PM on Jul. 23, 2013

• that was sick and sad.... and awful. I really truly still don't understand how you don't see or hear your kid.... it's bizarre.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 6:08 PM on Jul. 24, 2013

• I saw two small children in a car yesterday, one was asleep, all the windows up on a hot day. An older child came out with the keys, I thought she was going to roll down the windows, start the car or something, but she didn't. I started to leave, but came back and was on my phone calling the police when the mother came out. I just cannot understand how people think that's ok. It was hot in my car as soon as I got in, and have to roll down the windows and turn on the AC as soon as I start the car.
    MeandMyBabes

Answer by MeandMyBabes at 2:14 PM on Jul. 26, 2013

• That was the saddest thing. I know it was not real but how can someone just leave a child in the car and go shopping. How does one forget.
    libramoon007

Answer by libramoon007 at 9:46 PM on Jul. 29, 2013