How can I let her know, if he won't tell her?

Okay, so, basically the father of my child hates my guts, for reasons that are beyond idiotic, and has decided because we've have been fighting for the past 8 months, that the child isn't his. He refuses to be at the hospital ect.

WELL, I don't think this should effect the relationship between the child and his mother. She has the right to meet her granddaughter, and be at the hospital if she wishes. Well I have no means of contacting her unless it is through him. She has no phone, and uses his phone as a means for contact. I have asked him to let her know when the child is born, considering I am still going to tell him, even if he doesn't want to be there. How can I assure she gets this information? Should I send someone to their house when I am in the hospital to let her know? Should I call his phone and chance that he might let me speak to her? Or am I just S.O.L

(god I ask a lot of questions on here....lol)

ChrysAsh

Asked by ChrysAsh at 6:34 PM on Jul. 23, 2013 in Pregnancy

• Mail her a birth announcement.
    Get a paternity test immediately, and then file for Child Support.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 6:55 PM on Jul. 23, 2013

• I stand by my response. It's still a terrible idea to put your CHILD in that toxic environment. It is your duty as a mother to protect her.
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 7:12 PM on Jul. 23, 2013

• nice idea to include her
    but way too much to go through

you need less stress, not more drama

good luck on that baby
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 7:52 PM on Jul. 23, 2013

• Go to her house and tell her that you would like her to know when the child is born, buy a go phone and hand it to her, and tell her you will call her when you go to the hospital. Get a lawyer and get child support.
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 6:38 PM on Jul. 23, 2013

• I have to say that I think it may be a really really REALLY bad idea to push this. The family is nuts and your baby does NOT need that kind of negativity in her life, especially her beginning of life simply because you feel like his mom should know. You need to protect your child from that, not push her into it.
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 6:54 PM on Jul. 23, 2013

• seems to me if GRANDMA doesn't want GRANDPA to know then grandma doesn't give 2 shits about you or the baby. A bunch of idiotic reasons? Leave his parents alone they didn't get you pregnant!
    answersjunkie

Answer by answersjunkie at 7:44 PM on Jul. 23, 2013

• If you want her to know for sure, send someone to their house. You can try calling him first and if he won't let you talk to her then send someone over.
    SallyB_LMT

Answer by SallyB_LMT at 6:40 PM on Jul. 23, 2013

• Why, if he is giving up parental rights, are you going to tell her?
    Do you plan on maintaining a relationship with her? Having the kid call her grandma?

Are you sure she even wants to be involved with you?
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 6:47 PM on Jul. 23, 2013

• That is one weird family then.
    The son hates you
    The son and mom are keeping secrets from the Dad
    Youre bringing a baby into the mix- going have someone go knock on the door, "Hey is So-n-So here? Her grandbaby is being born".

Dad is going to find out
    So then mom is going to be called grandma by the baby Son has relinquished

Hows that going to work?
    Have you really thought this through?

feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 6:54 PM on Jul. 23, 2013

• Why are they hiding the pregnancy from him, not giving you his father's number and what kind of mess is this? ;-)
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 6:54 PM on Jul. 23, 2013