Do people knock before entering your home?

My 26 yr old SS still lives with us. He will never leave because he is enabled to the point he can't function.

Anyways, his friends all come over to play video games with him and not one of those guys knock! They just open the door and walk on in. DH and I tell them and SS over and over, but they still do it.

I try keeping the doors locked but SS unlocks them. What can I do short of getting a gun and shooting the next ass hat that walks in my house? Geez,WTF is wrong with people.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:14 PM on Jul. 23, 2013 in Relationships

• My brothers and other family members knock but not sure why cause they always knock once, do not wait for an answer just walk in.

Everyone else knocks, some holler while knocking.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 8:24 PM on Jul. 23, 2013

• People don't come in my house, period. But anyone who does happen to stop does knock.
    idareyou

Answer by idareyou at 8:31 PM on Jul. 23, 2013

• Of course. It's very rude to just walk into someone's house. I don't walk into anyone's home without knocking or ringing the doorbell, regardless of who they are.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 8:35 PM on Jul. 23, 2013

• Those kids need to respect your request. We always knocked when we went to our friend's. It's shows courtesy.

Ruthmom802

Answer by Ruthmom802 at 8:35 PM on Jul. 23, 2013

• I lock my doors, so if you don't have a key, you knock.
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 8:59 PM on Jul. 23, 2013

• they all knock, but they don't have a chance most of the time b/c my dogs bark warning me that someone is there
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 8:59 PM on Jul. 23, 2013

• Put a dead bolt that has a key for the inside of the door. Do not give the SS a key to it. Only use it when you do not want anyone to come in.
    Truthfully I would do this. Every time the boys come over and just walk into the house. I would stop them right their and tell them "get out, and do not come back today. When you do come back, knock and wait for some one to answer the door. If no one answers, leave."

Answer by louise2 at 9:03 PM on Jul. 23, 2013

• Forgot the answer. People have to knock or ring the door bell at my house. My doors are always locked.

Answer by louise2 at 9:05 PM on Jul. 23, 2013

• Just my FIL(who is a a** imo) but I just keep the door locked otherwise he just barges in.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 9:21 PM on Jul. 23, 2013

• Yes , but some times they try to tag you to see if your home. No appointment you do not get in.
    by2013

Answer by by2013 at 9:25 PM on Jul. 23, 2013