Can anybody help me with a DFCS question?

LOOOONNGGG story short, tomrrow is a hearing against my husband for a tpo my EX boyfriend filed on the behalf of our daughter. (Jerkwad!) So because of his allogations, the judge ordered a DFCS investigation. Ok, so it's been almost 30 days. They removed my husband from the home and have not let him see HIS daughter (two kids involved, one with each dad) Tomorrow DFCS was going to give a "recomendation" and I assume allow him to come back home, because I was told the allogations were unfounded, over the phone. Well, my EX decided to dismiss his TPO tomorrow because we are in a custody battle, have a hearing next week and knows that the TPO won't fly, because my husband hasnt done anything wrong and if he proceeded with the TPO it would cause more dmage than good for his custody case. Finally, where does that leave DFCS investigation findings?! I want my husband back, and he is missing out on watching his first daughter grow

MMIC

Asked by MMIC at 8:55 PM on Jul. 23, 2013 in Relationships

• SIDE NOTE** I put this under the health catagory because it didn't fit under any others....and honestly it is effecting my familys wellbeing emotionally and mentally.
    MMIC

Comment by MMIC (original poster) at 8:57 PM on Jul. 23, 2013

• What is TPO?

Answer by louise2 at 9:09 PM on Jul. 23, 2013

• What is a TPO?
    PandaGwen

Answer by PandaGwen at 9:09 PM on Jul. 23, 2013

• Dang Louise...we posted at the same time. Lol!
    PandaGwen

• Temporary protective order, I think.

OP, I have zero experience with this but, were it me, I'd want written proof that CPS found the allegations were not substantiated. I'd also take that paperwork with me to court to provide to the judge in your custody hearing.

What were the allegations that your ex made that would result in a 30 day loss of parenting privileges, sight unseen, for your husband?
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 9:11 PM on Jul. 23, 2013

• And what is a DFCS investigation? Is that like a CPS investigation?

Answer by louise2 at 9:12 PM on Jul. 23, 2013

• My ex accused my husband of sexually abusing my older 3 kids (when I was 9 months pregnant with my 4th child - my husband's). They made my husband leave the home until the kids could be examined. The drs and psychologists determined they had not been abused, and at that point my husband was allowed to come home but not allowed to be alone with my kids until cps closed the case. I don't know what will happen in your case, just sharing my experience.

Answer by missanc at 9:14 PM on Jul. 23, 2013

• TPO temporary protection order.
    Unfortuantly I do not have a written statement with the findings yet
    My Ex claimed that my husband sexually abused the children (NOT true)--Both children have been checked out even though I know he would NEVER do that.
    Yes, CPS investigation

They told me that our families option is this, and ONLY this (I believe as a scare tactic to comply) EITHER we go to thier choice of family counselling (even though our family already has one, that we really like) OR they will take our baby out of the home if we choose not to do this.--He did not tell me when my husband can come back either.
    MMIC

Comment by MMIC (original poster) at 9:17 PM on Jul. 23, 2013

• Is that like a CPS investigation?
    yes
    probably sexual in nature

from what i understand- the ExBF dropping charges has nothing to do with the investigation. They are going to act in the best interest of the child.
    They will finish their report and present their findings to what ever authority requests/ requires them
    They will tell you when your DH may return home.
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 9:18 PM on Jul. 23, 2013

• Eeeeeeek. Those type of allegations are scary. GL dear....just make sure it isn't true, please.
    PandaGwen

Answer by PandaGwen at 9:19 PM on Jul. 23, 2013