Can anybody help me with a DFCS question?

I posted this in another category as well....LOOOONNGGG story short, tomrrow is a hearing against my husband for a tpo my EX boyfriend filed on the behalf of our daughter. (Jerkwad!) So because of his allogations, the judge ordered a DFCS investigation. Ok, so it's been almost 30 days. They removed my husband from the home and have not let him see HIS daughter (two kids involved, one with each dad) Tomorrow DFCS was going to give a "recomendation" and I assume allow him to come back home, because I was told the allogations were unfounded, over the phone. Well, my EX decided to dismiss his TPO tomorrow because we are in a custody battle, have a hearing next week and knows that the TPO won't fly, because my husband hasnt done anything wrong and if he proceeded with the TPO it would cause more dmage than good for his custody case. Finally, where does that leave DFCS investigation findings?! I want my husband back, and he is missing out on watching his first daughter grow, she is a baby, he is in his 30's and have been waiting for her for such a long time.

MMIC

Asked by MMIC at 9:02 PM on Jul. 23, 2013 in General Parenting

• Once an investigation is started with DCFS he can't just 'dismiss' it without looking like he made a report under false presences. I would ask the dept for a copy of the investigation and their findings and present them in court next week, especially if he tries to dismiss the TPO.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:43 PM on Jul. 23, 2013

• This is why having a lawyer is vital. Hire a family court lawyer.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:30 AM on Jul. 24, 2013