I may be falling for my ex again... :( long story if your willing to read

Okay so I have a son with my ex, we were never married and we only dated for a year and a half, and haven't been together for about 5 years now. We get along very well. His family offered for us to come swimming at their pool whenever we want so we took them up on that and went this week. He was there and was very flirty with me, which I now understand because him and his girlfriend broke up recently. But theres a twist. I have a boyfriend, he's 15 years older than me. I'm 25 and he's 40. I love my boyfriend a lot but we've been together for almost 2 years now and things are getting dull. So anyway at the pool my ex was very flirty.. and I honestly kind of liked it. I just miss being goofy and immature sometimes, and with my boyfriend there isn't much of that. So I really don't know what to do... I think I may be falling for my ex again. What would you do in this situation?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:57 AM on Jul. 24, 2013 in Relationships

• He is an ex for a reason... stay away!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:05 AM on Jul. 24, 2013

• ^^ Yes! That.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 1:09 AM on Jul. 24, 2013

• Ask yourself, why is he my ex? Take a trip down memory lane and remind yourself why it didn't work.
    Just don't cheat on your BF with your ex. That's just uncool!
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 1:09 AM on Jul. 24, 2013

• He's an ex for a reason. You're falling for him because you want butterflies, but butterflies don't pay the rent.

That said, may be that the boyfriend is not the right guy either. It sounds like you're not really ready for a permanent relationship with anyone.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:09 AM on Jul. 24, 2013

• What everybody else said. Go with that. Besides, don't put your son through the turmoil of getting back with his dad over nothing but giddy flirting. If the boyfriend isn't Mr. Right, then do what you have to do, but always think of the kiddo first.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:51 AM on Jul. 24, 2013

• Why did you break up with him? Has that reason changed? People can change in 5 years but I would be very careful.
    Having been married to a guy 13 years older than me I'm not a fan of guys that much older. They are in a different place.

Answer by missanc at 2:11 AM on Jul. 24, 2013

• I don't think you're falling for your ex. I think you're unhappy with your current boyfriend, and looking for something you can use as an excuse to leave - to be able to say to yourself, "It's okay that I left him, because I got back together with John and that's what's best for our son." Or something along those lines.

Do not get back together with your ex. You break up with someone for a reason, and it's doubtful that reason has changed. Do, however, take a serious, honest look at your current relationship and decide if the things you feel are missing are things you can live without or if they're things you need and thus need to dump the boyfriend so you can find someone else who can provide those things.

Keep in mind, though, that any relationship will eventually seem "dull" compared to the initial rush of new love. That's a given no matter what, so be careful you don't spend your life chasing that rush.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 6:57 AM on Jul. 24, 2013

• I think you should make a fresh start altogether. Not including either your Ex or BF.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 9:54 AM on Jul. 24, 2013

• One fun day at the pool is no reason to make serious life choices. If your not happy with your current BF fix it or end it.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 9:59 AM on Jul. 24, 2013

• An EX is an EX for a reason. If you are going to try this relationship again, make sure you break up with the boyfriend first. Right now you don't need flirty little butterflies. You need a man who's going to stick around and has a job to help pay for your child's needs. We all want goofy and immature sometimes, but reality needs to be a priority. Especially with a child involved. Tell the EX you have a boyfriend and you are not interested in doing all the mind games again. Besides he was probably just looking for sex anyway. Definitely don't do that.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 10:04 AM on Jul. 24, 2013