Could I be in labor?

First time mom, please no bashing. I know that this is just a place to go to get answers on some questions people may have but, i'm 39 weeks pregnant, my due date is tomorrow. For the last week i have done nothing but go to the bathroom... number 2, it wont stop, ive had irregular contractions that get worse when I move so I've restricted myself to my bed, the bath, the kitchen and the toilet. Because when I move all I want to do is cry because the contractions get worse. I feel as if she is about to fall out when I go to stand up, and when I sit I feel like I am sitting on her. So I lay down, and it somewhat helps. I don't know weather its because i'm so close to my due date that she is doing this to me, or is it because I am in labor but with just irregular contractions...
Someone please help before I call my Dr and sound like a crazy person to them...

stephanieann825

Asked by stephanieann825 at 8:18 AM on Jul. 24, 2013 in Pregnancy

• Yes it most definitely could be labor. If the pain is that bad when you move, then you might want to call your doctor to be checked. Also if you go ahead and move around the contractions might get longer stronger and closer together which is really what you want. Also the body does tend to clear itself out to prepare for labor. This could be it. Good Luck!!
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:28 AM on Jul. 24, 2013

• No question for a Dr. is a dumb question. That's what they get paid for. Call now & ask. Tell them how you are feeling. But I don't recommend not moving around much. A nap is good but Moving around is good too. It helps with everything from blood flow to helping labor along. I got tons of energy all of a sudden right before I gave birth.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 9:50 AM on Jul. 24, 2013

• if the contractions stop when you lay down, then what you are experiencing is just braxton hicks contractions. remember to stay hydrated because dehyrdation can bring on contractions. you are getting close though so remember if they don't go away with rest and they are 5 minutes apart and they have a pattern, you are in labor and need to get to a hospital.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 8:22 AM on Jul. 24, 2013

• When it comes to pregnancy, especially for first timers, there is no stupid question for a doctor. They would rather be able to tell you it's nothing to worry about than to have you come in and need to ask you "Why didn't you tell me??" So no matter what, anything that concerns you should concern them too. It's easier to stop pre-term labor if your patient tells you they are having contractions. However at 39 weeks I don't think this is pre-term.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:56 AM on Jul. 24, 2013

• I would call the doctor just incase. You do not sound crazy. You sound like someone who doesnt' know what labor sounds like. Good luck!!!!
    mlmsm928

Answer by mlmsm928 at 11:26 AM on Jul. 24, 2013

• Call your Dr. They will know the relevant information and know what to ask you a d advise from there. I know that many women have a very active bowel before going into labor, but I also know that when the baby's head is getting close that if feels like you have to poop, so calling your Dr is going to be the best bet. They won't think you are crazy, and it's better to be safe than sorry. Good luck.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:50 AM on Jul. 24, 2013