Anyone eat raw?

I read an article about toxins building up in our bodies from processed foods and crap and I really feel like that's a problem for me. The article was to promote a book about a 21-day raw food detox cleanse and even though I'm not forking out $100 for their program I think I'd like to try it on my own. But I looked up some raw food recipes and most of them use ingredients I've never even heard of!!

Does anyone here eat raw? Is it really difficult to transition? Is it hard to cook and are these weird ingredients expensive? I don't think I could do it forever and I think I'd starve or go into shock if I quit everything I eat now cold turkey but it definitely sounds worth trying. I just think I'd feel SO much better if I lived off of whole, natural food.

maecntpntz219

Asked by maecntpntz219 at 11:58 AM on Jul. 24, 2013 in Food & Drink

• I guess it's similar to a paleo diet or a "clean" diet? try looking u those and maybe they'll be easier.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 12:56 PM on Jul. 24, 2013

• I eat fresh.
    However to eart raw I think you are talking raw not cooked foods for those days. I read a book on it and it had some interesting ideas. But it is not something that is for me.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:59 PM on Jul. 24, 2013

• You might consider easing into itgradually. Switching all at once to any diet very different from your current one can cause some, well, significant and explosive malfunctions of the lower digestive tract.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 3:07 PM on Jul. 24, 2013

• Personally, I don't like gimmicky diets. I try to eat fresh and made from scratch, with the occasional processed item.
    Having said that, there are books and websites on the raw diet, I'm sure you can find some good recipes.
    momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 11:02 PM on Jul. 24, 2013

• I'd steer clear of anything that is either called "detox" or "diet". Firstly, because toxins do NOT build up in your body - your body is designed to be self-cleaning and secondly because a diet is, typically, a temporary thing and all the weight that comes of just piles back on and a bit more besides when you stop it.

Why not just start by eliminating all processed foods from your daily food? For many people that alone is a radical change.
    goldpandora

Answer by goldpandora at 4:39 AM on Jul. 25, 2013