I just got back from my "watermelon" deposition", LOL!

Last week, I got a letter informing me I had to got city hall because I was being cited for "illegal dumping". I was facing a $1,000 fine. On the 4th of July I dropped a watermelon, and my kids and I were just goofing around throwing it, well I guess a couple of rinds landed over the fence on the street. I didn't know this at the time.

Someone called and said there were tons of watermelon and corn cobs on the street by our fence, and this is an ongoing problem (it isn't). I went to city hall and told my story and they dismissed the case thank the lord, they would not tell me who reported us. I think it is the mother of a boy I won't allow my kids to play with anymore, but don't know for a fact. I am guessing this was a big waste of resources for our city, they had even sent an inspector out to the site, who found nothing.

Glad it is over, but sure want to know who the evil neighbor is, LOL!

2kids2dogs2cats

Asked by 2kids2dogs2cats at 12:28 PM on Jul. 24, 2013 in Home & Garden

• This incident shall go down in history as the "The Watermelon Shenanigans of '13".
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 12:51 PM on Jul. 24, 2013

• Still think it is absolutely ridiculous! So glad they dismissed the case but what a total waste of resources on that one!
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 12:42 PM on Jul. 24, 2013

• WHAT! Watermelon is compostable so I wouldn't even think for a second that this is something that could be considered dumping or littering. You have crazy ass neighbors!!!
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 12:58 PM on Jul. 24, 2013

• Good to hear it went your way. You will probably never know who reported you, that is NOT information that will be released to you, for retaliation reasons.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 12:37 PM on Jul. 24, 2013

•  Whew!  Glad thats over.  And you're right, that was a huge waste of time & money, but luckily they didn't want any from you :)

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 1:12 PM on Jul. 24, 2013

• You know, all it takes is a couple of frivolous complaints and whoever it was will be known as a crackpot down at city hall. Sorry you had to go through the hassle!
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 2:17 PM on Jul. 24, 2013

• I was thinking about your post last night. Glad everything worked out. It is a shame that some people have such pitiful lives that they have to make something huge over nothing.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 2:54 PM on Jul. 24, 2013

• Oh,good for you!
    That was so ridiculous

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 12:35 PM on Jul. 24, 2013

• Sometimes it is best just to let it go
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:54 PM on Jul. 24, 2013

• Hahahaha! I bet we have the same neighbors. I just got yelled at last week for cutting a strip of the neighbor's grass.
    BeaverHouse

Answer by BeaverHouse at 2:02 PM on Jul. 24, 2013