Let's give a shout out to our best friend(s)

Mine is Dawn
We've known each other since we were 16,so almost 25 years now
She's seen me through abuse from my stepfather,abuse from 2 boyfriends,2 suicide attempts(1 for each of us),marriage,death of a child,(mine),and countless other things.
I can call her up and talk,and she makes me feel like everything is right in the world again.
She and my husband are the only 2 people in the world I truly trust

Who is yours?

Asked by butterflyblue19 at 12:49 PM on Jul. 24, 2013 in Relationships

• I have 3 besties, Karen, Becca & Don. They're each awesome in their own way.
    BeaverHouse

Answer by BeaverHouse at 1:59 PM on Jul. 24, 2013

• My Husband. He's the only person on the planet I can fully trust.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 1:29 PM on Jul. 24, 2013

• DH has literally been my best friend since 6th grade :)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 1:45 PM on Jul. 24, 2013

• I have a few. DH and my mother are at the top of my list though. Not related to me would be Karen. Known each other for 30 years, seen a lot of good times together as well as bad times. We had planned to live in the same community when we retire and we will rock in rocking chairs on a porch just like the Bartles and James dudes in the commercials. LOL.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 1:55 PM on Jul. 24, 2013

• Mine is Danelle. We've been friends for 28 yrs. We've seen each other thru some pretty rough times as well. But lately, she's had good things to share. Like her youngest child's graduation & her oldest getting married in a couple of weeks.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 12:53 PM on Jul. 24, 2013

• T is my best friend. We have known each other about 10 years now and been bests for about the last 7 or so. She has been there for me through a ton of crap and I have been there for her. I take care of her kids. We invite each other to family events, because as far as we are concerned we are family. I don't know what I would do without her. She is my sanity and the voice of reason I need at times.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 12:54 PM on Jul. 24, 2013

• M is my best friend. Although we aren't as close as we used to be, but I still share everything that's going on in my life with him. We've known eachother for 13 years. J is a very second close, whom I've also known for 13 years, but there are things I can't talk to her about because she just doesn't understand the way M does.

lame as this may sound... my truest best friend is my mom.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 1:00 PM on Jul. 24, 2013

• My brother C
    Always gives the best advice and keeps me laughing.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 1:21 PM on Jul. 24, 2013

• N, we've been friends since we were 3. Thirty years & we still got it.
    But my absolute BFF is Jess, we been friends for 16 years. She knows me inside & out.
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 1:36 PM on Jul. 24, 2013

• Mine is Vicki. We met when we started high school, so almost thirty years ago. We were in each other's weddings, and we've been there for each other through some tough times. We don't talk nearly as much as we used to now that I have a daughter and she has five teenage stepchildren, but we get together a few times a year, and it's like we pick up right where we left off. Our favorite thing to do is hit the Pizza Hut lunch buffet for salad and breadsticks or Dairy Queen for chocolate shakes and French fries--okay, so I never said class was high on our list of strong points. She's like the sister I never had, and I know I could call her right now and she'd drop everything and be here within the hour. I know because I had to do it once, and she showed up, no questions asked. I am truly blessd to have had a friend like her in my lifetime.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:11 PM on Jul. 24, 2013