Do you think since the royal baby is not American, Americans should not care?

im seeing a lot of this on FB. "who cares about the royal baby" "babies are born all the time, why is this one so special?" "the royal baby doesn't give a fuck about me, why should i give a fuck about it?"

IMHO this is willful ignorance. sure, babies are born everyday. but this is not the same kind of "news" as the Kardashian baby. this is a possible future Heir to the British throne. that's kind of a big deal, to keep yourself informed on the goings on around the world, no? the US is not the only country that exists. some events that happen around the globe are important to know.

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 2:39 PM on Jul. 24, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• I care like,"aww,that's cute,good for them.....moving on now..."

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 2:46 PM on Jul. 24, 2013

• I feel it's a part of history and that in itself is important. However the media coverage of it makes me ill after a while.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 2:47 PM on Jul. 24, 2013

• i guess to those people we shouldnt care about anything that happens outside of our county? im with you, the royal baby is history in the making. plus, i love his name :)
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 2:47 PM on Jul. 24, 2013

• While I agree that it is newsworthy, I do NOT like that it takes up the majority of my news, EVERY night since he was born. Knowing and being informed is one thing, obsessing is something else entirely. I feel that the news is obsessing over this new baby.

I've been seeing this picture going around Fb, and I've posted it here before:

Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 2:48 PM on Jul. 24, 2013

• eh, well, the media is the media. they sensationalize everything.
    tnm786

Comment by tnm786 (original poster) at 2:49 PM on Jul. 24, 2013

• Good for them but it makes not a particle of difference in my life.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 2:53 PM on Jul. 24, 2013

• I think people should care if they want to, and also should be able to not care if they don't want to. Nobody is making people care about the royal baby. If people find themselves caring about it, then that's all on them. LOL.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 2:54 PM on Jul. 24, 2013

• I don't get wrapped up in current events like this enough to care or not care.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 2:56 PM on Jul. 24, 2013

• plus, i love his name :)

lol- ive seen a few people in a tizzy about that, claiming that he's named after the King we revolted against.

tnm786

Comment by tnm786 (original poster) at 2:56 PM on Jul. 24, 2013

• The Monarchy is no longer in power, they are basically just a symbol now so people making a big deal over the royal baby is no different then any other celeb baby.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 2:56 PM on Jul. 24, 2013