• In the Spotlight:

I am 31 weeks and 3 days along....TMI question please help... adult content

So I am 31 weeks and 3 days along- almost there!!! The past two days I have had nothing but really loose bowels a few times a day....I don't know what that means for labor as I can't remember what happened with my last two.... my oldest is 5 my youngest is 19 months and was 4 weeks early at 36 weeks 1 day and was perfectly fine.

Should I be concerned? She's still moving...and I have been having braxton hicks for awhile now but have been over-doing a little last couple days.

stephanieplante

Asked by stephanieplante at 4:51 PM on Jul. 24, 2013 in Pregnancy

• Call your OB

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 4:52 PM on Jul. 24, 2013

• sounds like you just has some runny shits. As long as you aren't having contractions, you're not bleeding and you're not in pain, you should be fine :)
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 4:53 PM on Jul. 24, 2013

• OBs office is closed now or I would. seems like such a silly question....lol
    stephanieplante

Comment by stephanieplante (original poster) at 4:57 PM on Jul. 24, 2013

• Just take it easy tonight, get more rest, and if you're still worried, call your doctor in the morning. I've heard that loose stools can be a sign of labor, but there are also a lot of other causes that have nothing to do with pregnancy. Good luck.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 5:36 PM on Jul. 24, 2013

• OB's office is never "closed" they have a call center. You never know when your patient might go into labor. You can request your OB call you back. Or you can try calling the L&D at the hospital. It's not necessarily a sign of labor though it can precede it. You can take pepto bismol if it is bothersome.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:16 PM on Jul. 24, 2013

• still having it today but feeling otherwise good. I think because I was sore and tired and feeling generally crappy yesterday it made the worry worse lol
    stephanieplante

Comment by stephanieplante (original poster) at 2:58 PM on Jul. 25, 2013