Health Topics

Hello everyone, I was wondering if you could all help me out a bit. I am trying to start a new blog, and I have plenty of topics in my head. However, I was wondering what topics YOU would be in, considering the goal is to help people that come to the website. I am a health and wellness professional, I graduated with my bachelors degree in May. I would honestly like to use my knowledge for things geared towards weight loss and body health.

So, what are things you would want to know in regards to those topics.. What are you generally looking for answers on. Do you have any trouble areas in regards to weight loss?

Thanks So Much!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:35 PM on Jul. 24, 2013 in Diet & Fitness

• I'd like some factual info on improving my metabolism. I take a med that a side effect is a slow metabolism so I'm always trying to find ways to change that. I'd also like info on hormone changes and weight issues. Something beyond the standard "get your thyroid checked". Also, some good sources of fiber that aren't grains. Does this help?
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 7:09 PM on Jul. 24, 2013

• I'd like some real life troubleshooting for diet/meals like times when you're broke or times or if you're having to pack three lunches and have limited time (like yourself, husband, kid lunch)

also always loooooooooove "math" calorie burning real world style. IE one snickers bar = brisk job around the block 9 times, etc
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 7:59 PM on Jul. 24, 2013

• What do you mean by health and wellness professional??

Just an FYI... people would be more apt to help you here is you were not anon.
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 8:54 PM on Jul. 24, 2013

• thanks for the tip crafty. I'm anon because i'm a little shy.. not too use to putting myself out there yet. However, a health and wellness professional covers a lot of things. complementary and alternative medicine, herbal medicine, nutrition, fitness, i've covered pharmaceuticals and western medicine.. it's basically a general overview of how you can create total health and wellness for yourself through several different aspects of life.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:16 PM on Jul. 24, 2013

• However, a health and wellness professional covers a lot of things....

Ok... what is your degree in? I'm an allied healthcare professional... but that doesn't really mean anything unless you are another allied healthcare professional. I'm just trying to figure out where you are coming from before I can answer your question...
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 9:19 PM on Jul. 24, 2013

• Oh, I am just looking for what people are interested in. And not so much allied health. I can be an assistant to anyone out there and a coach in any of these fields, I just can't label myself as a doctor, nurse etc. I am just looking for what interests other people. I know what I have inside of my head. Just because I think it's relevant doesn't mean that is what people want to know. It's a general degree in anything medical. I am a massage therapist as well, but this degree doesn't help that aspect of my life. So, for example in a state that require less than new york I could get a job as a nutritionist or a personal trainer. However, because of the state I live in, I can't, hours required and classes required, things like that. I have my B.S. in H.S. (health science for anyone that doesn't know).. it's specifically a health and wellness degree. covering all that I have already mentioned.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:26 PM on Jul. 24, 2013

• I'd also like some tips on how to make healthy foods kid friendly.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:25 PM on Jul. 24, 2013

• Sex sells!!
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 12:14 AM on Jul. 25, 2013

• I will remember that partygal!! Thanks.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:17 AM on Jul. 25, 2013