Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 Bumps

Should I call tomorrow or am I just being impatient?

I am going back to school and I have almost everything together so that I can start back in September. I called a few weeks ago and was given some information. This information was devastating because it meant that I would have to wait until January to start (if not later). I called the school last week for some clarification on this and was told that I was given the wrong information and that I would need to call the person in charge of academic services. Every time I called her she was either on the phone or out of the office, so I decided to send her an email on Thursday afternoon. By Monday afternoon, I still had not heard from her, so I called and was able to talk with her. She told me that she would have to look into the situation further and would have to ask her boss about this. She called her boss while I was still on the phone but her boss wasn't available. She stated that she would send an email to her and she would forward me the response. It's been two days and I have not heard anything yet.

If you have made it this far, thanks! As of today, I have exactly three weeks to have my classes paid for. With the scholarship that I will be using to pay for my classes, it takes at least one week (two at the most) to get to the school from my scholarship trust. I don't know if I am being impatient or if I should push for an answer as soon as possible. So, should I call tomorrow or wait until maybe next week?

Answer Question
 
JeremysMom

Asked by JeremysMom at 7:22 PM on Jul. 24, 2013 in Money & Work

Level 35 (75,344 Credits)
Answers (8)
  • I would push for an answer.
    Rosehawk

    Answer by Rosehawk at 7:25 PM on Jul. 24, 2013

  • Call and leave a voice mail on Friday, if nothing by Tuesday leave her another telling her that your time is running out for your scholarship, congrats on the new venture!
    2kids2dogs2cats

    Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 7:25 PM on Jul. 24, 2013

  • You know what they say about the squeaky wheel. I'd keep bugging them. This is your future & scholarship on the line. Just say, "I realize you're very busy, but I have time constraints & would really like to know one way or the other." GL!
    mrsmom110

    Answer by mrsmom110 at 7:26 PM on Jul. 24, 2013

  • I'd call tomorrow morning. If you get her voice mail, I'd leave a message and then call again in the afternoon. Repeat on Friday if still no response and by Monday I'd be saying something along the lines of, "I have a strict deadline and I desperately need an answer. If you are too busy to assist me, could you please have someone else who can, call me back?"

    I would not worry about being impatient at this point. You're on a deadline. They need to get busy and get the answers you need.
    wendythewriter

    Answer by wendythewriter at 7:28 PM on Jul. 24, 2013

  • never be afraid to ask. call!
    hibbingmom

    Answer by hibbingmom at 7:59 PM on Jul. 24, 2013

  • I would call.
    DJDNY

    Answer by DJDNY at 8:52 PM on Jul. 24, 2013

  • I would call. Sometimes you have to kick those college financial people in the rear to get them going. My stepdaughter was too passive about it her first year and lost out on some of the aid she could have qualified for.
    Ballad

    Answer by Ballad at 11:02 PM on Jul. 24, 2013

  • Thank you ladies! I called today and got a clear and definite answer. I will be able to start this fall.
    JeremysMom

    Comment by JeremysMom (original poster) at 6:49 PM on Jul. 25, 2013

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.

Next question in Money & Work
Resume question

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN