How soon after birth control can one conceive?

I am currently on Yasmine and we are considering another child how soon after you go off can you expect to conceive?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:27 PM on Feb. 18, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• it varies from person to person. from what ive always heard you either get pregnant right away, or it takes half the amount of time that you were on it. for example, if you were on BC for 6 months, it will be about 3 before you can concieve. Im not sure how much truth there is to that, but that is what i was always told, and it seemes accurate from observations ive made of friends and family coming off of it and trying to concieve. good luck!
    Anonymous

• From what I have heard it takes about three months to get out of your system depending on how long you were on bc-it also depends on how fast your body goes back to normal after stopping bc. I stopped in Oct after 5 1/2 years and my body is going back to normal now-meaning the af's are coming as usual and regular like before.
    brookelynn2609

Answer by brookelynn2609 at 3:48 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• I asked my doctor and she said that it shouldn't take 3 months to get out of your system. and it can vary between woman to woman. I've been off of it since Dec. and this will be my 2nd month of TTC so we will see.
    Good luck!
    kaidensmommy1

Answer by kaidensmommy1 at 4:30 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• I can just tell you from my own experience. I got off the pill in March 2007 and was pregnant by July 2007....so, 4 months after being on the pill for a little over 5 years.
    DAjZeZnLE

Answer by DAjZeZnLE at 5:50 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• Hmmm, interesting, I wonder if I could get Dr. Embryo planter to help...Just kidding
    Anonymous

• I Can give you advice as far as what I experienced.
    I stopped taking it in may and was pregnant in June.I think it just depends on peoples bodies.
    jenniek510

Answer by jenniek510 at 11:53 PM on Feb. 19, 2009