Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 Bumps

I'm scared of my sons dad.

He's never put his hands on me, but he's always had a temper. A terrible one! I remember one time he got drunk, pinned me down to the bed, and threaded to head butt, I was crying and everything. That went on for about 16 minutes . Although it happened 2 years ago, I still think about that day. He's threatened to choke me a few times over text, and today he saw a picture of my new boyfriend , and he goes " Ooo I want to slap you so bad". That stuff acres me because I don't know if one day, he will! I highly doubt he will ever hurt our son because he loves that boy more than life itself, but still. I'm very afraid of him. He's hard headed, and has a hell of a temper .

I don't know what to do at this point!
I want to move somewhere with my son, and not tell him where we went. I want to go to court, and get a restraing order on him. It's sad that I'm even scared of sons father, it shouldn't be that way.

Goodness ladies, I really need to wise advice right bow!
It will me greatly appreciated . Thank you!

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 8:14 PM on Jul. 24, 2013 in General Parenting

Answers (11)
  • Oh gosh! After reading this over, I made a lot of typos, and not making any sense. Sorry, on my phone.

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:15 PM on Jul. 24, 2013

  • Block him on ALL social meida, and RUN, don't walk, to your courthouse and get a no-contact order, as well as a restraining order.

    He has threatened your life, and THAT is not acceptable. At all. EVER.

    Your baby needs his momma. Do EVERYTHING you have to do to keep you safe for your baby.

    Answer by Rosehawk at 8:16 PM on Jul. 24, 2013

  • Take the texts to the police & also mention the other things to see if that's enough to get a restraining order. You can't run away with your child, or you could be charged with parental kidnapping. If that happens, the scary loser gets the kid & you get sent to jail. So do things by the book. I don't know what the visitation schedule is like, but can you do drop offs at a neutral, public location? I'd also consider getting your conceal/carry permit if your state has that option. GL

    Answer by mrsmom110 at 8:18 PM on Jul. 24, 2013

  • What is causing him to be so angry and only at you?

    Answer by virginiamama71 at 8:23 PM on Jul. 24, 2013

  • He's jealous that I've moved on, I guess. So every little thing I do, he gets mad at. Seems to me he's bitter that I'm just fine without him.

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:29 PM on Jul. 24, 2013

  • Hopefully everything can get worked out so your son can grow up with both parents loving, protecting, teaching him, even when both parents cannot be together anymore.

    Answer by virginiamama71 at 8:43 PM on Jul. 24, 2013

  • He ASSAULTED you two years ago. Call the cops. File a report. They can throw his butt in jail.

    Answer by gdiamante at 8:57 PM on Jul. 24, 2013

  • I agree; this man threatened to choke you. He threatened your life. You need to take this as serious as it is. Tomorrow, first thing, go to the courthouse and get the ball rolling on a no-contact order.

    Answer by Ballad at 9:07 PM on Jul. 24, 2013

  • You need sole custody, a restraining order, and a no contact order. Even if you doubt he would hurt his son people don't think straight or use good judgment when they are drunk. Document everything and suspect he may do something to the child. A temper like that is not always under control.

    Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:39 PM on Jul. 24, 2013

  • What's your visitation/custody order like? You might want to get it modified so that you exchange your child at the police station or another public location. That way, no threats. (I assume this is the only time you see him or have to deal with him)

    Answer by PartyGalAnne at 12:11 AM on Jul. 25, 2013

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.