Creepy balloon story.

We got 3 mylar balloons for my DD Birthday. A few days after, they started to poop out. She was playing with one the whole day & it was bobbing up & down no higher than waist height (you know when they lose air & get slightly deflated?). She was loving that balloon so much. We had two more that were more inflated but she had her sights set on the star one. So when the two kids went to bed, I sat in the den with my DH watching TV & remember thinking, this is a bit distracting with these balloons. All the 3 balloons were in the den.
Next morning she woke & called me & when I walked into her room my heart stopped a beat. There she was in her crib holding her favorite star balloon.
Now my house is like a center hall colonial with the den in the back of the house. Then my staircase is in the front of the house & goes up to a landing then you turn to go up another set of stairs to the hall. So this balloon which did not elevate higher than my waist since it was deflated, made it's way out of the den into the liviing room,  up the stairs, turned a corner, went down a hall, into her room then into her crib?
I have a gate at the top of the staircase too that it had to go over. Now my Son didn't bring it up since he can't open the gate at the top to come down on his own, the balloon was there in the den when me & DH went to bed. It was also a dangerous thing because what if the balloon cord wrapped around her while she slept? The other two balloons remained in the den.
When I saw her all smiles holding that balloon in her crib, I got a chill!
So, how do you think it got to her?

ILovemyPaulie

Asked by ILovemyPaulie at 9:36 PM on Jul. 24, 2013 in Home & Garden

• Yikes, maybe you have a balloon ghost? That seems pretty far to travel!
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 9:05 AM on Jul. 25, 2013

• Central air conditioning or you have a climber. Our air blows those things all around the house.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:40 PM on Jul. 24, 2013

• Yeah I know how they are when half deflated. If it's in the air still even waist high the A/C can move it around. I suppose a deceased relative could have brought it to her. They were all there for the birthday anyway. Did you ask her how it got there?? She might be able to tell you.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:50 PM on Jul. 24, 2013

• It could of been . have you noticed anything like activity or strange events in your house before. Kinda odd that her favorite half deflated balloon made its way on its own .
    Gypsyd

Answer by Gypsyd at 10:04 PM on Jul. 24, 2013

• I've had near-dead balloons travel the house before. After the first couple times it didn't faze me anymore.
    idareyou

Answer by idareyou at 9:56 PM on Jul. 24, 2013

• If your dad took it to her, he wouldn't have done it till she woke up. I bet she wasn't sleeping with the cord in her crib, or he watched her. I firmly believe that spirits come back around to look out for those they love.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 10:09 PM on Jul. 24, 2013

• HMMM- next time, before you go to bed, put something on the strings to weight them down so they don't "travel". Anything's possible, so you might want to have a chat w/ your dad about only letting her play w/ it when she's up w/ you.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 10:57 AM on Jul. 25, 2013

• Could have been your dad. He was there all day. Next time ask her. She just might tell you.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:56 PM on Jul. 24, 2013

• Nope, my Son wouldn't climb over. Especially in the dark. Air wasn't on all night but it was on all day & never went up the stairs, It's too heavy, it's the shiny metallic ones & deflated at that!

ILovemyPaulie

Comment by ILovemyPaulie (original poster) at 9:43 PM on Jul. 24, 2013

• I didn't think of asking her actually. She just turned 2 although she may have given me an idea. Rats, I wish I asked her. Hmm?? Maybe my Dad. He passed just last year. That would be an amazing thing if it were him. :)
    ILovemyPaulie

Comment by ILovemyPaulie (original poster) at 9:53 PM on Jul. 24, 2013