How would it make you feel if your bf/dh/so just found out he fathered a child? (3 years ago)

Thx!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:11 AM on Jul. 25, 2013 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• So, if he got the other women pregnant before we got together. It would bother me, but not enough to leave him. It was before me.
    I would be mad at her for not saying anything when she got pregnant. Now after 3 years she probablu want CS and back CS for the last 3 years he didn't even know he had a child.

Answer by louise2 at 3:12 PM on Jul. 25, 2013

• Well, I guess it would depend on the circumstances. If he was single at the time and really didn't know because the mom didn't tell him, I'd have to support him as he figured out what to do next.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:14 AM on Jul. 25, 2013

• If MY Dh found out that he had a baby he created only 3 years ago I would be furious as we have been together 12yrs and if it was before me well he was only 15 and I would have been pretty concerned about why he wasn't told before now that he has a 12yr old.

Now. If this were a different situation and say I had only been with him for 2 years and he found out he had a 3yr old then I wouldn't be angry, it wasn't his fault he was never informed.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 12:24 AM on Jul. 25, 2013

• I refuse to answer this question without more information.
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 12:29 AM on Jul. 25, 2013

• Were you together 3 years ago?
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 12:22 AM on Jul. 25, 2013

• Well considering we've been together for almost 9 years, I'd be pretty fuckin' pissed off if he fathered a child 3 years ago.

But if it was before me, I couldn't be mad (unless of course he knew and lied) but I think I'd still be a bit devastated. That's a pretty big life and relationship changing thing.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 12:34 AM on Jul. 25, 2013

• Was this child conceived before we started going out
    Or during our relationship, a.k.a. From a cheat
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 12:47 AM on Jul. 25, 2013

• I need LOTS more details.

Which is it? Bf, dh or so?

For me, I would be happy for my BF that he is a father since he wants to be and he obviously wasn't cheating on me since we haven't even been together 3 yrs. I would encourage him to be a part of that child's life and offer to step aside if he wanted to get back together with the baby mama.
    tempsingl3mom

Answer by tempsingl3mom at 12:16 AM on Jul. 25, 2013

• not enough details. I might embrace it, though and hope for 50/50 custody. if it was while we were married or exclusive??????? omg no no no
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 1:51 AM on Jul. 25, 2013

• Well, considering we've been together for 18 yrs., he'd sure have a lot of explaining to do! But if it was before we got together, I would not have a problem with welcoming his child into our family. He's been a good dad to my boys who are not his bio kids, so it's the right thing to do.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 7:15 AM on Jul. 25, 2013