Found this quote from Bill Cosby...Its great....insightful...and too bad he can't run for president...

They're standing on the corner and they can't speak English.
I can't even talk the way these people talk:
Why you ain't,
Where you is,
What he drive,
Where he stay,
Where he work,
Who you be...
And I blamed the kid until I heard the mother talk.
And then I heard the father talk.
Everybody knows it's important to speak English except these knuckleheads. You can't be a doctor with that kind of crap coming out of your mouth.
In fact you will never get any kind of job making a decent living.

People marched and were hit in the face with rocks to get an Education, and now we've got these knuckleheads walking around.
The lower economic people are not holding up their end in this deal.
These people are not parenting. They are buying things for kids.
$500 sneakers for what?
And they won't spend $200 for Hooked on Phonics.

I am talking about these people who cry when their son is standing there in an orange suit.
Where were you when he was 2?
Where were you when he was 12?
Where were you when he was 18 and how come you didn't know that he had a pistol?
And where is the father? Or who is his father?
People putting their clothes on backward:
Isn't that a sign of something gone wrong?
People with their hats on backward, pants down around the crack, isn't that a sign of something?

Isn't it a sign of something when she has her dress all the way up and got all type of needles [piercing] going through her body?
What part of Africa did this come from??
We are not Africans. Those people are not Africans; they don't know a thing about Africa .....

I say this all of the time. It would be like white people saying they are European-American. That is totally stupid.
I was born here, and so were my parents and grandparents and, very likely my great grandparents. I don't have any connection to Africa, no more than white Americans have to Germany , Scotland , England , Ireland , or the Netherlands . The same applies to 99 percent of all the black Americans as regards to Africa . So stop, already! ! !
With names like Shaniqua, Taliqua and Mohammed and all of that crap ......... And all of them are in jail.

Brown or black versus the Board of Education is no longer the white person's problem.
We have got to take the neighborhood back.
People used to be ashamed. Today a woman has eight children with eight different 'husbands' -- or men or whatever you call them now.
We have millionaire football players who cannot read.
We have million-dollar basketball players who can't write two paragraphs. We, as black folks have to do a better job.
Someone working at Wal-Mart with seven kids, you are hurting us.
We have to start holding each other to a higher standard..
We cannot blame the white people any longer.'

Michigan-Mom74

Asked by Michigan-Mom74 at 12:27 AM on Jul. 25, 2013 in Just for Fun

• I saw this on fb the other day. LOVE IT!!!!

tempsingl3mom

Answer by tempsingl3mom at 12:31 AM on Jul. 25, 2013

• Why can't Bill Cosby run for President? He meets all the qualifications. Born in the US, well over 35, resident in this country for at least 14 years.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:36 AM on Jul. 25, 2013

• I have some elaborate opinions on this but I don't feel like typing them out on my tablet. Overall I do agree with his point, I just think he's making some pretty bold statements and only targeting a certain group of uneducated Americans.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 12:40 AM on Jul. 25, 2013

• WELL said.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 12:41 AM on Jul. 25, 2013

• I admire that man very much. He has a point, and he isn't afraid to say so. I've heard that a lot of black people don't like him, but sometimes people are not well liked because they make us uncomfortable. And sometimes we need to be made uncomfortable.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:42 AM on Jul. 25, 2013

• i dont think America's glorification of stupid and uneducated is simply a "black" problem. its an American problem and its a parenting problem. for every black person who fits Cosby's description there are 2 white ppl who also fit the bill.

i had to read a lot about the Civil Rights movement for one of my summer classes. its kinda sad to read about the real sacrifices ppl made just to get the same education and rights as whites...only to have their children and grandchildren stay stagnant or ignorant. but again the same thing can be said for the women who fought so hard for rights that many women shun or take for granted.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 1:37 AM on Jul. 25, 2013

• I know this sounds selfish, but with everything happening in the media lately (mostly CNN) I've felt so defensive about being white. I feel like I'm being vilified for something I didn't do. I know there are problems, but it's stupid to only focus on the examples of racism committed by white people toward black people. I feel like this just gets black people more riled up and white people more defensive.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:34 AM on Jul. 25, 2013

• I fucking love Bill Cosby!
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 3:00 AM on Jul. 25, 2013

• "i dont think America's glorification of stupid and uneducated is simply a "black" problem."
    Cosby, IMO touched on many different issues with the new generation of black communities we have today. And I agree with fact the lack of education is more then just a "black problem." He may be saying they have a choice now to go or not to go to school. For example, he said..

""Brown or black versus the Board of Education is no longer the white person's problem.""

I took this to mean he may be referencing the landmark decision made by the Supreme Court in 1952 (?) Anyway, they said it was unconstitutional to separate public schools for black and white students. So in todays time, they can't no longer say that white race is oppressing the black race. Therefore, they make the choice not to go to school, they are responsible for the lack of education. nobody else.
    Michigan-Mom74

Comment by Michigan-Mom74 (original poster) at 3:04 AM on Jul. 25, 2013

• ". I feel like I'm being vilified for something I didn't do." Anonymous

Ya it called the "White Guilt"  Here is a site goes in depth about what White Guilt means, its a little long, but its worth the read. 

http://www.cir-usa.org/articles/156.html

Michigan-Mom74

Comment by Michigan-Mom74 (original poster) at 3:13 AM on Jul. 25, 2013