Getting tubes tied?

I want them tied BC I don't want to take any other birth control but I don't want anymore kids. I have a 3 year old boy and am pregnant with my girl. I'm married and plan to stay that way and neither one of us want kids. I am just so scared to do the surgery for some reason. I still have like 5 or so months to decide but I'm scared of the surgery like what if I didn't wake up and I have to babies who need their mommy OE what if something went wrong? I'm just so nervous. I have heard it only takes about 30 ins and I would be awake and alert withing 2 hours? But still it scares me...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:22 AM on Jul. 25, 2013 in Health

• I did the Essure procedure instead. It was quick, done in the doctors office with just pain meds & Valium. I've had no issues with it and that was over 5 years ago. Have you looked into that at all?
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 1:27 AM on Jul. 25, 2013

• No I have no idea what you're talking about but I am considering other options! I will look that up.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:30 AM on Jul. 25, 2013

• Www.essure.com
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 1:33 AM on Jul. 25, 2013

• I'm not sure how it works, but I've heard that you can get the procedure done while you're in the hospital giving birth. Kill two birds with one stone, so to speak.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:36 AM on Jul. 25, 2013

• Are you talking about getting the tubal ligation (tubes tied) or measure while in the hospital? My Dr told me that I would have to come back in like 60 days I think and get it done. They don't do it after delivery anymore but that would help a lot!! Besides the fact me not getting to see my baby right after birth.

I read about the essure. I'm going to talk to my Dr about that, I just don't know if I trust it.

Decisions. Decisions....
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:38 AM on Jul. 25, 2013

• I just don't know if I trust it.

That's why they do a contrast xray to make sure your tubes are blocked. Ask your do about how the body created scar tissue... it might make the procedure make more sense.
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 1:41 AM on Jul. 25, 2013

• I know the fear of surgery when you have a new baby, it's hard. I had my gallbladder out about ten weeks after my baby was born, and I was never so scared in my life. I was afraid something would happen to me and I wouldn't get to raise my daughter. But it all turned out fine. The risks are very small, and the best you may be able to do is inform yourself and then take a deep breath and trust the doctor. That's what I had to do, and the surgery went smoothly.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:42 AM on Jul. 25, 2013

• Yea its terrifying. All I think is, "I will have two babies who need their mommy!" Maybe I will be stronger and feel more comfortable about it when the time comes. After talks with my doctor. Thanks!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:47 AM on Jul. 25, 2013

• You don't have to get general anasthesia to have it done. It can be done with local so you wouldn't have to worry about not waking up.

How about your hubby getting a vasectomy instead? It's less invasive, less expensive and can be done in the doctor's office.
    goldpandora

Answer by goldpandora at 3:45 AM on Jul. 25, 2013

• ^^^^^ I agree with her.
    I got fried and tied after 5 pregnancies, and 3 children at 27.
    My doctor tried to tell dh it would be MUCH easier on him. Dh had a hang up about shooting blanks.
    And so I did it. I should have just cut him off until he took steps to prevent conceptions.
    adopteeme

Answer by adopteeme at 6:20 AM on Jul. 25, 2013