Pregnancy after vasectomy???

Ok so I had my ds in January and my dh got his vasectomy the middle of February. Since having my ds I've had regular periods that are the normal 28 day cycle, until now.

I was supposed to start my period 2 days ago. What are the chances I'm pregnant?!?!?! I'm stuck at the house with no car until the morning and can't get a pregnancy test until then

Parkers_Mommy8

Asked by Parkers_Mommy8 at 4:08 AM on Jul. 25, 2013 in Pregnancy

• Did your husb. get "final clearance" from his Dr.? You are supposed to take in follow up samples to be sure the surgery took.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 6:29 AM on Jul. 25, 2013

• A vasectomy is not 100% fail-proof. Just do a search for similar pregnancy after vasectomy questions on here. I think the most recent person on here got pregnant at around age 40 even though her husband got a vasectomy years ago. Always use 2 forms of protection (condom and pills, condom and vasectomy, depo shot and condom, etc.). You should run out and get Plan B or some other similar Morning After Pill as soon as possible if you had sex recently. Make an appointment with a doctor ASAP as well to see what tests and other pills might be offered.
    hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 8:15 AM on Jul. 25, 2013

• It is possible. I've heard everything from sperm jumping the gap to the tubes growing back together. And yes it can take months before you get an all clear.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:15 AM on Jul. 25, 2013

• Plan B isn't going to do any good since she's already two days late. Can you take a taxi to the store? Friend or family who can give you a ride? Good Luck!! Maybe you are just late this month. Age and hormones can change our cycles.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:18 AM on Jul. 25, 2013

• It is possible.

Answer by Bmat at 8:30 AM on Jul. 25, 2013

• My sil got pregnant after my brother had a vasectomy. He had not gotten the final clearance from the doctor though.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 9:12 AM on Jul. 25, 2013

• I Know someone who got pregnant even after her husband was declared all clear. It happens, but not often.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 10:49 PM on Jul. 25, 2013