If your child has/had a milk allergy how long did you wait until checking to see if they have outgrown it? and how did you do that?

My 5 month old has a milk allergy. I am currently nursing and I was thinking about trying to eat some dairy in the next month or too to see if she has outgrown it. Is this too soon? My pediatrician said they usually outgrow it by 1 or 2 years old.

julipickle

Asked by julipickle at 3:28 PM on Feb. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• There are a lot of different opinions on this. All you can do is try and see what happens (assuming it isn't a severe allergy). Some say that re-introducing frequently makes a baby less likely to have the allergy when older and some say the opposite. Go with your instincts.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 4:07 PM on Feb. 18, 2009