What type or sound do your kids wake up to for school?

And actually wake up, what works for them. I might not be here when it's time for the kid to get up my dh & I leave really early :(

Thx!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:41 AM on Jul. 25, 2013 in Tweens (9-12)

• my daughter just wakes with her alarm on her phone

son...UGH- we have not found any alarm yet that will get him up (he is 17 now) I have to go in multiple times and with MUCH frustration to get him up- always been that way
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 9:42 AM on Jul. 25, 2013

• I might not be here when it's time for the kid to get up my dh & I leave really early

your kid is waking up to an empty house?
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 9:46 AM on Jul. 25, 2013

• The sound of my voice getting louder & more frustrated for every 5 minute interval she's STILL in bed! :p Maybe record that as a ring tone or something? I would at least suggest a loud irritating sound, rather than music to wake a difficult child.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 9:47 AM on Jul. 25, 2013

• Who is with them when they wake up?
    DJDNY

Answer by DJDNY at 10:03 AM on Jul. 25, 2013

• We don't use sounds, we use light. We start by putting on the light in the corridor with their door open. Then we go in and open the shutters and windows. They are usually up within 10 minutes of that. In the warm months we leave the windows open so they get the sound of the birds outside too.
    goldpandora

Answer by goldpandora at 10:07 AM on Jul. 25, 2013

• @ feraixat Basically yes and I'm meant to say 2 kids... it is not like its gonna be like this the whole school year only when my dh has to be @ work extra early...his schedule shifts all the time... mine I'll be the same. :/
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:09 AM on Jul. 25, 2013

• Me saying "Andrew it's time for school" and he either pops right up an runs to the kitchen for cereal or he rolls over and says he hates school to which I say if you don't want to go to school in you PJs you better wake up now. And I get grumbles and complaints but up he gets.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 10:34 AM on Jul. 25, 2013

• I go in her room and wake her up. She sometimes whines about it but most of the time she gets right up.
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 10:38 AM on Jul. 25, 2013

• You need to get someone over to make sure they get up and off to school. This is a bit young to be getting themselves up and out

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:59 AM on Jul. 25, 2013

• Depends. Mostly I go in and call his name and rub his back to wake him up. He's usually pretty smiley in the morning and once he's awake he likes to hide under the covers so I'll tickle him. If that doesn't work I'll jump on his bed or bounce the mattress. Haha that sounds mean, but he likes it. He laughs and then sits up. If I'm rushing I'll start off the same way but then just start to dress him myself while he's still laying there lol.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 12:11 PM on Jul. 25, 2013