hi my 3 year old keeps peeing on me when she is on my lap and also takes her diaper off and pees on the floor and furniture/ help

smile2013

Asked by smile2013 at 10:02 AM on Jul. 25, 2013 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Make her help clean it up. She's old enough to know what a potty is for. Your lap and the furniture are not, so she needs to be responsible for her own messes.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 10:07 AM on Jul. 25, 2013

• maybe its time to toilet train her
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 10:07 AM on Jul. 25, 2013

• At the very second I read this question I was on the with my mom who was watching my 3 year old and she was telling me she was giving him a time out for taking his underwear off and peed on the floor. i wish I had advice for you but I don't.> I don't know why the heck they do it , maybe a sense of freedom...
    mlmsm928

Answer by mlmsm928 at 10:22 AM on Jul. 25, 2013

• Taking her diaper off and peeing on the floor - probably because she doesn't want to sit in her own urine, which would be an indication that she's probably ready to start potty training.

Peeing in your lap - how does she do this? You don't check to make sure she's wearing a diaper, or that it's not soaked? I'm afraid I don't understand how this happens.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 10:34 AM on Jul. 25, 2013

• Time to start potty training her, it is evident she can recognize the urge to go, so start putting her on the potty, and rewarding her when she uses it.
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 10:50 AM on Jul. 25, 2013

• Maybe I'm a meany, but in addition to starting to train her, I would restrict her from sitting on your lap for a while, and only give her one chair in the house she can sit on till she stops the behavior. She's old enough to know what she's doing is wrong.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 9:57 PM on Jul. 25, 2013

• Train her.
    libramoon007

Answer by libramoon007 at 10:10 PM on Jul. 27, 2013