Would you feel bad if....

Ok, so for my dd's bday we got her an ipad mini and she had a nice party at the park. In total we spent around $600 on her birthday! YIKES! Well ds's bday is in 2 weeks. Since he'll be 4 and doesn't have any friends (besides cousins), dh and I are taking him to Chattanooga for his bday, to the aquarium and children's museum. Would you feel bad for NOT taking dd? I kind of do. The trip will cost about 1/2 of what we spent on dd's bday so it's not like my ds is getting anything extra, ya know? I feel bad for not taking her b/c we never go on trips but then again it is HIS bday and he needs the special attention. *sigh* ....Would you feel bad or no?

josiesmommy00

Asked by josiesmommy00 at 12:20 PM on Jul. 25, 2013 in General Parenting

• I would take her. If you never do trips it's mean to not include her.
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 12:24 PM on Jul. 25, 2013

• I think birthdays should be a family celebration- especially if the kids are still...kids
    I mean as teens they can kind do theri own thing -depending on what they want

why aren't you taking her?
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 12:25 PM on Jul. 25, 2013

• i can see your logic for wanting to take only him, but for birthdays i think the whole family should be included (mom, dad, siblings). you can take your son for ice cream one evening and your husband can take him to play catch at the park another evening. to them, that is just as special as a busy day in the city.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 12:28 PM on Jul. 25, 2013

• Why are you not taking her? I mean, I don't understand why she needs to be excluded in order to give him special attention?

This^^

Was he excluded from her party?
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 12:24 PM on Jul. 25, 2013

• Birthdays are to celebrate with family. I can not for the life of me figure out why you would exclude her from this family celebration. But to each their own.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:27 PM on Jul. 25, 2013

• She should absolutely go with no doubt!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 12:28 PM on Jul. 25, 2013

Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 12:22 PM on Jul. 25, 2013

• Wait you have two kids but never spend time with them individually? That's crazy.
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 12:26 PM on Jul. 25, 2013

• Yeah, I don't think that's really fair...I mean why did you spend so much on hers -knowing his was soon after?

how old is she?
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 12:26 PM on Jul. 25, 2013

• How old is DD? Has she said that she wants to come? I would take her with us, she can understand that is her brother's special day.
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 12:26 PM on Jul. 25, 2013