Whose problem would it be?

From OK.to TX. there was a bday card mailed and we never received it (it was even mailed 3 days early) so it will get here on time. We have NEVER had any problems about delivering or mailing mail, so whats up or what can be done OR we are probably just shit out of luck:(
That sucks :(

Thx ladies just wanted to vent....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:28 PM on Jul. 25, 2013 in Just for Fun

• It took 9 days for my inlaws' birthday card to go from SC to FL. My parents' card mailed from the same state week took 2 days.

The only way to guaranty delivery is to pay extra to insure it at the post office. Sorry.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 12:36 PM on Jul. 25, 2013

• Hopefully there wasn't any cash in it. Give in another day or 2, then call the post office. Not sure what they can tell you, but hopefully it will still make it to its destination.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 1:28 PM on Jul. 25, 2013

• if there was a return address, then possible it could come back to sender (for whatever reason)
    sometimes, things in snail mail just get 'lost' or seem lost for a long time, then just show up
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 1:30 PM on Jul. 25, 2013

• Sometimes mail gets lost, a piece falls somewhere and doesn't get seen for a while, wind blows it away, accidents happen, machines get stuck and it gets damaged beyond recognition...my mom just started working for the post office a month ago and I asked her a similar question and these are some reasons she gave me.
    idareyou

Answer by idareyou at 1:46 PM on Jul. 25, 2013

• Yeah, that's what sucks the most about the USPS. It's pretty unreliable.

Hubby ordered some dice from Ebay. It was supposed to come out of OK right as all those tornadoes hit. The replacement dice arrived before the first set did. We did eventually get the first set. We contacted the seller and they were cool with us keeping both sets, as long as we paid for the second ones as well. We did.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 1:57 PM on Jul. 25, 2013

• There's nothing anyone can do about it.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 2:02 PM on Jul. 25, 2013

• As much as I'd like to blame the Post Office I can't. My mom found several of her Christmas cards scattered along the road this last year. Found out some kids had went thru and just opened the boxes up and in her case they blew out before they got picked up.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 3:16 PM on Jul. 25, 2013

• sol
    smiley745

Answer by smiley745 at 6:43 PM on Jul. 25, 2013

• Unfortunately, it's probably your problem, since the mail is lost. It may still turn up; I got a short manuscript to proofread once that had been missing for seven months. The state government kept telling me they'd sent it and I must have lost it, and then one day it just showed up. So here's hoping.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 9:07 PM on Jul. 25, 2013